forty - eight - "philips grant" - forty - eight

"When my mother left my father, she didn't tell him she was leaving and taking me with her until we'd landed on the other side of the country. In those days, it was called family troubles. Today it'd be called kidnapping. You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart. The thing that will take your life and light it up or destroy it. Then you become a mother."
-Meredith Grey, S8E2, "She's Gone"

"You work, you study, you prepare. Months and years leading to one day. The day when you step up. On that day, you have to be ready for anything. But there's one thing you can never quite prepare for. The day when you step down. Sometimes, it happens in an instant. We step up. We become a leader. We see a path forward. We see a path, and we take it. Even when we have no idea where we are going."
-Meredith Grey, S8E3, "Take The Lead"

"There are distinct differences between male and female brains. Female brains have a larger hippocampus which usually makes them better at retention and memory. Male brains have a bigger parietal cortex which helps when fending off an attack. Male brains confront challenges differently than female brains. Women are hardwired to communicate with language, detail, empathy. Men... not so much. It doesn't mean that we're any less capable of emotions. We can talk about our feelings. It's just that most of the time we'd really rather not. Be a man. People say it all the time. But what does that even mean? Is it about strength? Is it about sacrifice? Is it about winning? Maybe it's simpler than that. You have to know when not to man up. Sometimes it takes a real man to set his ego aside, admit defeat, and simply start all over again."
-Derek Shepherd, Richard Webber, Alex Karev, Jackson Avery, Mark Sloan, & Owen Hunt, S8E4, "What is it About Men"

"Based on your PSAT scores, and your grades, we believe that you are eligible to graduate a year early. All you have to do is finish your year and take the actual SAT's." Anna's teacher explained, after requesting to speak with her during a morning class.

"Really?" Anna asked, a smile taking over her face, "I can graduate this year?"

"Yes. All of your credits and requirements for your senior year are almost completed. You also have a bunch of extra credit. It's impressive. If I were you," The teacher read over her transcript, "I'd start applying to university now. Do you think this is something that your parents would approve of?"

"Yeah. My dad will be happy to hear this." Anna nodded, "I can't believe it. I thought I'd have a whole 'nother year to finish."

"You're grasping material faster than other students, you have perfect grades. I talked to the principal, other teachers, and they believe you should've skipped a grade sometime during middle school."

Anna left the school with a huge smile across her face. Goodbye, high school, she thought.

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

"Dr. Webber just informed me that he tampered with the drugs and placebos in your clinical trial."

"Excuse me? No. No. It was, uh... Meredith."

"Dr. Grey apparently was covering for him. She knew and she... was trying to protect him."

"You have my apologies. I destroyed your trial."

"She wasn't covering for you. What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm protecting your wife. What are you doing?"

"This is wrong and you know that."

"What are you trying to do to her? She was trying to save Adele. She was trying to save me. At what point are you gonna stop punishing her for that?"