twenty-two - "seattle grace mercy death hospital" - twenty-two

"Before we were doctors, we were med students, which meant we spent a lot of time of studying chemistry. Organic chemistry, biochemistry, we learned it all. But when you're talking about human chemistry only one thing matters: either you've got it or you don't. Chemistry, either you've got it or you don't."
-Meredith Grey, S4E7, "Physical Attraction... Chemical Reaction"

"There comes a point in your life when you're officially an adult. Suddenly, you're old enough to vote, drink, and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly, people expect you to be responsible, serious... a grown up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever really grow up? In some ways we grow up. We have families, we get married, divorced, but for the most part, we still have the same problems that we did when we were fifteen. No matter how much we grow taller, grow older, we are still forever stumbling, forever wondering, forever.. Young."
-Meredith Grey, S4E8, "Forever Young"

"We go into medicine because we want to save lives. We go into medicine because we want to do good. We go into medicine for the rush... for the high... for the ride. But, what we rememeber at the end of most days are the losses. What we lay awake at night replaying is the pain we caused or failed to cure. The lives we ruined or failed to save. So the experience of practicing medicine rarely resembles the goal. The experience too often is ass backwards and upside-down."
-Meredith Grey, S4E9, "Crash Into Me, Part 1"

"At the end of the day, the experience of practicing medicine bears little resemblance to the dream. We go into medicine because we want to save lives. We go into medicine because we want to do good. We go into medicine for the rush... for the high... for the ride. But, what we rememeber at the end of most days are the losses. What we lay awake at night replaying is the pain we caused. The ills we couldn't cure. The lives we ruined or failed to save. At the end of the day, the reality is nothing like we hope. The reality is, at the end of the day, more often than not, turned inside out and upside down. Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then, somehow, improbably and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again."
-Meredith Grey, S4E10, "Crash Into Me, Part 2"

Lexie marched into the doctor's lounge that was across the walkway and the chief's office as she noticed Anna laying down on the couch in there, looking very tired, and not moving. Anna didn't even flinch, or acknowledge her, when she forcefully opened the door.

"Anna?" She asked, "What are you doing in here all alone? I didn't even know you were here today. Alex, George- everyone was looking for you."

"Are you okay?" Lexie looked around, "I'm not supposed to be in here. I don't know how you're able to be in here."

"It was empty and quiet." Anna said, her voice barely a whisper, "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. Do you want me to find your dad? Is it your blood sugar-"

"Lexie. I'm moping. Okay." Anna explained, "Let me mope."

"Moping? About what?" Lexie stopped talking when Anna shot her a glare.

"Okay, um, well if noone know's your in here." Lexie quietly picked threw the magazines on the table and then sat down, "I'll mope too. I can mope too. I'll mope about my sister... and our dad who she hates."

Izzie, walking over the walkway, with a patient's lab results saw them through the window.

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

"You okay?"

"What do you care? With your hair products and your perfect little face, perfect little life. What do you care how I am?"