Chapter 4: A trip with Lucien

Liliana sat in her bedroom shut out from the world. She ignored emails and calls from Victor, Lucien, Kiro, and Lina. She didn't care what Victor said about him and Chik. They weren't dating no but Liliana was deeply in love with Victor. Her necklace that Victor gave to her now sitting on her night stand collecting dust. She knew what she saw. Chik reaching out and peeking Victor on the cheek. 'Maybe their just really good friends..' Liliana thought to herself. 'No she was smiling and Victor didn't stop her.. But.. then again he was shocked..' Liliana shook her head and buried her head in her knees. Her heart was torn in many pieces. The kiss from Victor, the Christmas party, spending New Years together, being there for her when her grandfather was murdered on her doorstep. She hated everything and hated everyone. 'You better tell him before it's too late..' Liliana thought of Lina's words and tears began to stream down her face again. She hit herself in the head with balled fists. 'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!' Liliana kept repeating to herself. Liliana couldn't get his voice out of her head. 'Idiot. Moron. Dummy.' Was repeated in her head. Music playing in the background.
(Little do you know- Alex and Sierra)
"Little do you know how I'm breaking while you fall asleep. Little do you know I'm still haunted by the memories. Little do you know I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece. Little do you know I need a little more time. Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside. I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind."
Liliana heard a knock on her front door. She threw a pillow at her door and shouted.
"Go Away!" She heard a knock again.
"I said Go AWAY!" She threw another pillow at her door.
"Liliana. It's me. Can I come in?" Liliana got out of her bed.
"Lucien?" Liliana could hear his chuckle outside of her bedroom door.
"Yes. Silly who else could it be. Now open the door. Please?" Liliana sighed and walked over to her door to open it. Lucien looked at the now eyes red, cheeks puffy, girl locked inside of her room. Lucien didn't want to see this look on her face. He didn't want to see her cry ever again. He wanted to see her beautiful smile, the passion in her eyes that now she no longer had. She was alone and wanted to be alone from the world.
He pulled her in his arms and rubbed the back of her head and back. "It's okay. I'm here."
Liliana began to cry again. "Don't ignore my calls. If you need me I told you I'll always be here for you."
Liliana slowly coming down to her knees with Lucien holding to her. "Shh, it's okay."
He took his hand and placed it under Liliana's chin and made her look at him and wiped her tears away.
Liliana began to open her mouth. "Shh."
Lucien told her and held her again. "It's okay. I understand."
Liliana wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly in her arms. "Now go get dressed I have something planned for you today."
Liliana looked at Lucien. "I won't take no for an answer. Now come on or do I need to clean you and dress you myself."
He smiled at her and Liliana began to blush. "No! I can do it myself. Now go wait out in the living room."
Lucien chuckled. "Okay, okay. I'll wait out here for you."
Liliana and Lucien stood up and Liliana shut her door. Lucien walked over to the couch and waited.
"Ares. What are you doing?" A black cloaked figure stepped forth out of a black whole that appeared in Liliana's wall.
"Have you forgotten what your sole purpose is with that girl."
Lucien stood up and crossed his arms. "No I have not forgotten. Everything is going according to plan. Leave."
The black cloaked figured snickered. "Don't get your feelings wrapped up into that girl. You have a job to do. The boss is waiting."
And with that the black cloaked figure stepped back through the black hole and disappeared. Ares sighed. 'I know what I'm doing.'
Lucien heard Liliana's door open and Liliana stepping out of her bedroom. "Beautiful. As always." Lucien smiled at Liliana. "Grab your keys and lets go."
Liliana grabbed her keys and off they went.

"Lucien where are we going?" Liliana looked at Lucien curious.
"You'll see." Liliana and Lucien got on the bus and sat in the back row. Liliana sat next to the window and pulled out her MP3 player.
"Would you like to listen?" Lucien nodded.
"Sure." Liliana blushed and gave Lucien the left ear phone.
"Now don't move too far or I won't be able to listen. Okay." Liliana nodded her head.
(King- Lauren Aquilina)
"You're alone. You're on your own. So what, have you gone blind. Have you forgotten what you have and what is yours. Glass half empty, glass half full. Well either way you won't be going thirsty. Count your blessings not your flaws. You've got it all. You lost your mind in the sound. There's so much more, you can reclaim your crown. You're in control. Rid of the monsters inside your head. Put all your faults to bed. You can be king again. You don't get what all this is about. You're too wrapped up in your self-doubt."
Liliana watched the tree's pass by as the bus drove off. Lucien sneaking glances at Liliana seeing her bright pink cheeks. He chuckled and put his arm on her shoulders. Liliana's cheeks became a brighter shade of pink and looked at Lucien. "I'm making sure you stay close to me."
Liliana nodded her head and nodded her head. "Are you sleepy?"
Liliana nodded her head "Just a little.."
Lucien laid her head on his chest. "It's okay. Take a nap. I'll wake you when we get there."
Liliana nodded her head again and slowly fell asleep. "Lucien.."
Lucien looked down at her. "Hm?"
Liliana smiled a little. "Thank you.."
She yawned and feel to sleep. Lucien chuckled holding Liliana in his arms and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Silly girl.."
Lucien looked outside and sighed. 'I don't want this day to never end my little fool. I wish I would've never met you..' Lucien slightly smiled and ran his fingers through Liliana's hair.

Lucien woke up Liliana. "Liliana. It's time to get up."
Liliana slowly brought her head up and looked out the window. "Where are we?"
Lucien stood up and extended his hand. "You are about to find out. Now come. Take my hand."
Liliana extended her hand and grabbed Lucien's hand walking off the bus. Lucien walked Liliana to a beautiful grove of Cherry Blossoms. Liliana was in awe. Liliana loved Cherry Blossoms. When they first bloom before they fall from the tree's. "Lucien.. This is so beautiful.."
Liliana was slowly starting to forget the pain that was in her heart. Lucien smiled. "They are very beautiful aren't they."
Liliana nodded her head and started to walk with Lucien in her hand. Slowly taking in the beautiful scenery. "So Lucien."
Liliana let go of Lucien's hand and slowly walked beside him. "How did you get inside of my apartment? I could've sworn I locked the door.."
Liliana thought to herself. "The door was unlocked. I decided I would let myself in."
Liliana sighed. 'That's strange.. I could've sworn I locked the door though.'
Lucien looked at the trees. "So why did you ignore my calls?"
Liliana sighed. "I thought you weren't going to ask.."
Lucien shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just curious is all. If you aren't ready you don't have to tell me. Okay."
He looked at her and smiled. Liliana became a little flustered and looked away. "I'll tell you soon.. just not right now."
Liliana smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Oh Professor Lucien!"
Liliana and Lucien turned to see a man calling him. "Oh well hello Professor Yang."
Liliana looked at Lucien. "Oh sorry he's just a colleague of mine. Professor Yang this is my girlfriend Liliana."
Liliana looked at Lucien again. 'Say what? Whoa wait a minute here..' Professor Yang extended his hand. "Well it's an honor to meet you Ms. Liliana. I've heard a lot about you."
Liliana shook his hand. Liliana looked at Lucien again and he winked at her. "So are you working with Lucien on his project?"
Professor Yang shook his head. "Oh no. We've worked on plenty of projects but he's doing this one on his own and doing a damn good job at that."
Lucien chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh you're just being too modest.."
Liliana giggled. 'I've never seen him like that before.' "So Ms. Liliana, where did you two meet if you don't mind me asking? He won't tell me so I might as well ask you."
Liliana scratched her head. 'Hm where did we meet.. Oh yeah!' "We met at the orphanage. I go there regularly to see the kids there."
Professor Yang smiled. "Awe that's so sweet. How long have both been together?"
Lucien chimed in. "Six months."
Professor Yang smiled a little wide. "So not long huh. Well I have to get going you two. It was nice meeting you Ms. Liliana."
Liliana scratched her head. 'Well that was odd..' Liliana looked up at Lucien. "Are you mad I told everyone you're my girlfriend?"
Liliana shook her head. "No.. I guess I'll be your cover.. I'm guessing you get hit on at work huh?"
Lucien nodded his head. "Just about everyday. Scientist and students."
He sighed. "So why do you trust me so much?"
Lucien looked down at Liliana walking through the Cherry Blossom grove. "Well.. I don't think you would ever hurt me especially intentional."
Lucien stopped walking and looked up. "If you ever run into danger you are to run. Even if it's me."
Liliana stopped and turned to look at Lucien. "What are you saying Lucien?"
Lucien looked at Liliana. "What if I might be the dangerous one?"
Liliana looking into Lucien's face. Piercing grave eyes. 'Why is he looking at me like that?' Liliana thought to herself. "Even if you are dangerous, I still trust you.."
Lucien's eyes changing from piercing to joy but also sadness. Unlike anything Liliana has seen. "I want to stay by your side Lucien.. My heart might be in a bad place right now but I want to always be by your side.."
Lucien clenched his fists and moved closer to Liliana. She shut her eyes not knowing what to expect. 'Is he... going to kiss me?' Liliana thought to herself. Her cheeks becoming flustered. A minute passed and no kiss. She opened her eyes to see Lucien gazing at her.
His voice was low. "Love can make you blind. Right now... you still have time to run."
Liliana gazed into Lucien's eyes. He seemed at a loss, surprised, by her determination. 'This man has stayed by my side. Even in the lowest of times. He has helped me with so many things without even being asked. He's helped me when I'm sick, with my doll houses, even just being there for me. And yet.. he's pushed me away as well.. Is he.. planning on leaving?' Liliana without a second thought, wrapped her arms around Lucien and kissed him. Lucien looked at Liliana in shock and then slowly wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly in his arms. 'I'll never let you go.' Lucien thought to himself. 'We may not know what the future holds Lucien but right now. This very moment. I just want to hold on to this moment.' A beautiful breeze blew through Liliana's and Lucien's hair. Spring was right around the corner and many big changes are brewing from deep within the surface.

An Ember That Burns Outजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें