Chapter 49: We Meet Again!

In the Shinobi World, Ash's team were watching a lot of battles occurred. They saw Sumire's whole team loses the battle they were fighting.

Ash: Poor Sumire...

Pikachu: Yeah, their team was very tough. I can't believe they lost.

Sylveon: Yes, I wonder if they are okay with it.

The electric board then starts shuffling names of the fighters for the 7th battle.

Sylveon: Alrighty! Who will be the next one?

Sarada: Well I hope you get your turn, Boruto. Since your turn is taking too long.

Boruto: *Groans* Dang it...

The board shows the names, it was Ash Ketchum vs ???. The result was pretty confusing but it doesn't bother Ash at all.

Ash: Alright! It's my turn!

Pikachu: Yeah, but... who will he be fighting against?

Sylveon: I'm not sure, but be careful out there, Ash.

Ash: Leave it to me!

Ash hops down the balcony to the arena before walking towards the center while waiting for his opponent.

Ash: Alright, who is my opponent?

???: I am.

Ash saw the opponent walking up towards him, it came to Ash's shock that it was actually Kyle.

Ash: K-Kyle?!

Kyle: Hey Ash. Have you been trained properly enough?

Ash: Y-You're my opponent?!

Kyle: In fact, I am. We've met in Pokemon World, now we have meet again here in combat.

Ash: Geez Kyle, I'm not sure if I want to beat you here. If I do, then you'll have to repeat the exam next year.

Kyle: Ash, I came to this exam because I want to won. I came here only to see your improvement.

Ash: My... improvement?

Kyle: Yes. Over the past months, you and your team had trained very hard. I wanna see if all those were enough to move you three to the Finals.

Ash: So... is it okay for me to beat you here?

Kyle: Don't get your hopes to high. The battle just about to start, so no showing mercy!

Ash: U-Understood!

Mirai: 7th battle! Ash Ketchum vs Kyle! Begin!!

Ash rushes towards Kyle at full speed using his thunder power from his jacket while charging thunders on his palms.

Ash: Here goes!

Kyle: Hmph!

Ash strikes the thunder forward at high voltage which made everyone covering their eyes due to hhoe bright the lights are.

Mitsuki: That is some intense light.

Yodo: Dang! That is some huge electric there!

Chocho: I wonder if that do the trick.

When the lights died out, it came to Ash's surprise that Kyle took cover by summoning a huge block of ice in front of him.

Boruto: Ice?!