● Burdens ●

"I wish I was dead."

Jungkook utters beneath his breath, his eyes blur with a haze of tears as he swallows down that hard lump of anxiety and sadness, making his chest ache.

Both are in Taehyung's room, laying on his bed, barely even fitting since Taehyung has a small room with a twin size bed.

After coming home from the nightclub, they washed the blood off in the shower and tossed their dirty clothes in the wash. Taehyung then took Jungkook to his room to rest, but the younger couldn't bring himself to do so since his father was blowing up his phone, calling him all night and sending him death threats.

Taehyung turns to him, thick brows pinching inward, his face serious as he wraps his arms around Jungkook, holding him close. "Don't you fucking say that." He whispers, gliding his hand along Jungkook's face, his thumb grazing over the small scar on Jungkook's cheek. "If you die, I'll die with you too."

Taehyung is serious. Jungkook knows he'll do it.

Jungkook lets out a faint whimper, his voice coming out shuddered and weak. He was so broken from the inside, so fragile and weak that the only thoughts comforting him were the ones of death and sweet relief.

"Taehyung, I can't go on anymore. I'm so tried of him hurting me all the time." He says, fighting back the urge to cry, but he gives in and does so. He cries hard, his body shaking badly, the pain in his heart breaking him even more.

Jungkook's relationship with his father was never this bad. Once upon a time, he and his family were very happy together, his father being the happiest. They shared many fond memories, especially one where he and his family would go to the beach in Busan for vacation and eat ice cream as the sun sets. Yup, happy times.

But then Jungkook's mother died.

She had fallen very ill and his father was a rookie cop at the time so he barely made enough money for the hospital bills. Jungkook was young, around the age of seven, so there wasn't much he could do. Only watch as his mother passed away, leaving his father in debt.

Times were hard after that, and it got even harder when Jungkook entered high school. His father worked overtime just to keep a roof over their heads, food on the table, and an education for Jungkook.

With so much stress, the poor man gained weight and turned to alcohol for comfort. But the alcohol tainted him, turned him into someone Jungkook couldn't stand.

It was the second year in high school when the beatings started. Jungkook came home late from school and forgot to take out the trash. It was such a trivial mistake anyone can forget, but for Officer Jeon, that was a disrespect he would not tolerate.

He beat Jungkook so badly that the poor boy couldn't sleep for days after that. Ever since then, Officer Jeon would take his anger out on his son and control every aspect of his life.

Even now, Jungkook is in collage, studying criminal justice, something his father forced him to do because his father wants to make sure Jungkook grows up and has a steady job where he would never have to scrape by just for a plate of food.

But the thing was, Jungkook didn't want to be a cop like his father. He wanted to study art and become a tattoo artist, possibly open up a his business too. Its a dream if his, always has been.

But that's all it simply was. A dream.

Jungkook cries even harder, his body shaking with anguish and turmoil. Taehyung cries with him, but silently, as he plants soft kisses all over Jungkook's face.

"Baby don't cry. That asshole is not worth your tears." Taehyung says, planting more kisses on Jungkook's face while running his large hands through Jungkook's hair, soothing him. "My brother will talk to Detective Kim and we'll solve this problem. Trust us, we will help you."