● Killer Origins pt.2 ●

Hoseok woke up in the hospital two days later

Sanggu was the one who found him after chasing away those two thugs.

When he saw that Hoseok left his wallet on the counter back at the sanctuary, he went to his home to give it to him. When he heard the screams coming from the alley, he went to investigate and walked in on the horrid scene.

If Sanggu hadn't arrived sooner, who knows what else would have happened to Hoseok.

Hoseok didn't speak to anyone for days after that. Even when he was discharged and taken home, he didn't utter a single word. All he did was stare aimlessly into the open air, casting a cold dark gaze at anyone who tried to talk to him.

Even Dawon, his older sister whom he was very close with, couldn't reach out to him, no matter how hard she tried.

And it was because Hoseok was dead inside, laying with his demons that filtered his mind, whispering their sweet words of comfort as they cradled him, telling him to do things, horrible things that Hoseok would never imaging doing.

"Hoseok.." Dawon stands by the door to Hoseok's room, staring at her brother who was laying on his bed like a corpse, mindlessly staring up at the ceiling like he's been doing for days on end.

Sighing, she steps into his room, quietly closing the door behind her, then goes over and sits on his bed. Its silent for a few moments, only the sound of their slow breaths emulate the ambiance. Then Dawon takes her brothers cold hand and places it on her lap, gently massaging his palm, hoping to get a reaction.

"I can't even imagine the pain you went through." She speaks, keeping her voice low but soft, trying her hardest not to cry in front of him. "If I can take it all all away, I would gladly do so, just so I can hear your voice and see you smile again."

Take his pain away? Hoseok internally scoffs. That pain is forever painted inside the walls of his body, slowly rotting him down to the core. There is nothing anyone can do to stop that pain, nothing.

Their pain will make it all go away.

Hoseok blinks, then very slowly he turns to look at his sister, watching as she silently weeps for him.

Their suffering will make it all go away.

"Noona." Hoseok calls to her, his lips tugging into a grin as he looks upon her with his puppy eyes.

Dawon was surprised, her smile brightening as she finally got a reaction out of him, but in less than two seconds, the whole room shifts, and Dawon suddenly finds herself pinned down to the bed with her brother hovering over her.

"H-Hoseok?!" She gasps as Hoseok dips his head low and runs his nose along her jaw, inhaling her soft vanilla scent, before running his fingers through her silk black hair and lifting a few strands to his lips.