● Keep Your Enemies Close ●

Earlier that day...

"I'm so happy you are here." Namjoon comments as he watches Jin take a sip of his Iced Americano, a dimpled smile already on his face as he stares at the broad shouldered beauty.

His outfit was casual, yet somehow Jin managed to make it look like it came out of a Dior runway. Jin has on black skinny jeans which are ripped at the knees, a black turtle neck that hugs his frame perfectly, thus showing off his broad his shoulders and narrow hips. And his hair, god that luscious hair of his was swept to one side, exposing his forehead.

Namjoon was staring.

"Am I that ugly?" Jin comments, taking notice at how it was obvious the detective was checking him out.

Namjoon clears his throat, sitting upright in his seat and tugging at his tie a little, looseing it with a nervous laugh. "No, you look great." Great? This man is a full course meal. "Thank you for coming."

"Well, it would have been rude of me if I hadn't." Jin says, half smirking.

In honesty, Jin doesn't want to be here. He'd rather be at home, laying in his silk bathrobe while watching romance dramas and pigging out on gummies.

"So..how is the investigation going?" Jin asks asks calmly, pulling a smile to his plump lips which Namjoon can't stop staring at. Yes, that's right detective, fall for my charms. They always do...

Namjoon pulls his gaze from Jin's lips to his chocolate brown eyes, a light smile pressing on his lips as he sits up straight, trying to come off authoritative, but Jin just finds it annoying. "Its running smoothly." He says vaguely.

Jin wants to scoff knowing the detective is bluffing. He's found nothing, even after watching the detective roam around the hotel for a few hours yesterday, he is sure Namjoon will give up on this case eventually.

"That's good to hear." Jin puts on his best sultry smile, sliding one hand across the table and interlacing his fingers along with Namjoon's.

"You're such a hard working man..." Jin hums, the side of his Chelsea boot rubs gently against Namjoon's dress shoes, making the detective flinch at the interaction. "I find it admirable." He chuckles. "

Heat flares inside Namjoon's cheeks and he clears his throat lightly, trying his best to ignore Jin rubbing his foot. "I'm just doing my job." He smiles, showing off his dimples.

"I'm very curious about you. Tell me about yourself." Jin says, rubbing his foot higher up on Namjoon's leg, making Namjoon cough lightly at the gesture.

"It's a long story." says Namjoon, not wanting to dive into the fact that he became a cop because of his ex-boyfriend who was a serial killer. "But it's all boring, my life. I would much rather hear about you." He counters, rubbing Jin's hand with his thumb while tossing a wink.

Jin could have rolled his eyes. But he doesn't because this gives him a chance to take himself off of Namjoon's suspect list.

"There isn't much to tell. I was born near Seoul, my brother was born in Daegu because my parents were both salesmen and moved alot." Jin sighs thinking about his parents. "I miss them alot. They taught me so much."

Namjoon hears the falter in Jin's tone, indicating something happened. "Where are your parents?"

Jin swallows, his gaze hardening just a tinge. "Dead."

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have asked." Namjoon whispers, his grip on Jin's hand tightens. "So that explains why you're so protective over your brother?" Jin's brow furrows, Namjoon continues. "When we saw each other at the club, you ran after him and Jungkook. I figured he was your brother."