● Killer Origins pt.1 ●

Two years ago

"Hoseok, why don't you go home for the night

"Hoseok, why don't you go home for the night. I can finish off cleaning the kennels." Sanggu calls out as he packs up the bird food and writes down his quota for the night.

Hoseok, who was sweeping up the dirt from the floor while humming a light tune and wiggling his butt, turns to Sanggu with a warm, heart shaped smile.

"Its okay Sanggu, I can manage." He says, giving out an even brighter smile to the old man, then goes back to sweeping the floor and dancing with the broom. 

Sanggu shakes his head with a laugh, being fond of the veternarian student who always visits the sanctuary to help him with the animals.

Hoseok was like a ray of sunshine whenever he visits. His presence alone was calming to the animals, and he always helps out Sanggu whenever he can, thus making making the old mans job much easier.

"I can see you're managing sweeping up just fine, you're practically having a dance battle with that broom." The old man breaks out into a laughter as Hoseok dips the broom low and kisses it. "C'mon, take a break and go home. I'll finish cleaning."

Hoseok sweeps up all around Sanggu, swaying his hips side to side as he dips low then back up again, this time earning a groan from Sanggu. "Are you sure old man? I can stay and close up." Hoseok insists, still dancing in his spot.

Sanggu nods, yanking the broom away from Hoseok so he can stop dancing, since it was staring to make Sanggu dizzy. "I'm sure. Go on now, it's late and you got exams tomorrow." Sanggu confirms as he shoos Hoseok off firmly.

So Hoseok grabs his coat and places it on, then heads over to the cages and bids farewell to the animals, blowing each with a small kiss and telling them good night with a pout.

"Good night my little angels. Your hope will return tomorrow." He waves them off, then tosses a fat wet kiss to Sanggu.

The older grumbles in response, but catches the air kiss and puts it in his pocket because if he doesn't play along, Hoseok will pout and complain about it the next day.

"Goodnight Sanggu, I'll see ya tomorrow." He bids him farewell, Sanggu doing the same as he waves Hoseok off.

It was past ten o'clock and although there were people still out, it was dark and Hoseok wasn't too fond of walking alone in the dark. But he puts on a brave face and ventures onward down the street, turning a corner, then another, until he is about two blocks away from his home.

The street going down to his house was quiet, but Hoseok sees nothing too out of the ordinary as he bundles his jacket closer to his body and picks up the pace. His nerves were starting to tick, and he couldn't help but look around, feeling like someone was watching him.

It was then, from the corner of his eye, that he spots two dark figures approaching him.

"Hey cutie, why you out so late?" Says the one with the black leather jacket and a black cap that shadows his face, hiding his eyes.