Night Out

"Ohhh you look hot." Court and Lisa walk in my dressing room "Did you finally leave Brad and decide to impress your hot neighbor?"

"I wish, Brad's friends with the guy now so the fantasy isn't nearly as fun anymore."

I grab my purse as they watch everything still waiting on a real answer.

"Brad's picking me up in a few minutes.  My parents have Sienna for the night so we can finally go out."

"Well in that case, you look great. He's going to love that dress."

"Really?  You think so?  It's kinda old."

"Jen you look perfect.  I hope I look as good as you a month after having a baby."

"I just hope I can get the dress off without ripping it.  It was not fun to squeeze on."

"That sounds more like my problem than yours," I turn to see Brad standing in the doorway with flowers smirking "You look amazing, baby."

"You look pretty good too." I wrap my arms around him as I lean in for a kiss "I hope you're taking me somewhere good."

"I was kinda hoping you'd want chicken nuggets and fries..."

"As long as you don't forget my honey mustard this time."

He pulls me out of the dressing room, leading me down the back hallway towards the parking lot.  I keep a tight grip on him as we walk to welcome his warm embrace.

"You smell amazing, baby.  Did you finally use that new cologne I got you?"

"I did.  I wanted to save it for a special occasion.  Tonight seemed perfect."

He leads me to the car, holding the door open for me as I slide into the passenger seat.  I wait for him to join sitting next to me, resting his hand on my thigh as he drives through unknown back roads.

We drive into the perfect set of purple and orange hues as the sun sets around us.  The perfect mood for the perfect night as we finally get to celebrate our love since becoming parents.

"You really do look incredible," he turns towards me at a red light "I don't know how you manage to be this amazing after a long day of work and taking care of her.  You're amazing."

"Well thank you, you're pretty amazing too.  I can't believe you actually have your shirt buttoned AND have a matching tie.  You're really growing up."

"I had to try my best for you.  I even have semi matching socks."

"Semi matching?"

"Well Sienna was playing with my socks last night and I think she might have escaped with a few."

I laugh looking out the window, so happy that we now get to share all these cute moments with the cutest member of our little family. 

"So where are you taking me?"

"You'll see soon enough.  You're going to love it."

He turns down a few more back roads and alleys to throw me off, making it even more suspenseful as I wait.

"Babe..."

"What?  Don't you like it?"

"No, I love it... it's just that we never come here anymore."

"I know it's your favorite and you deserve to be spoiled.  I pulled some strings and we might need to give the Chef an autograph, but we have a table for the whole night."

"You're the best!  I love their chicken tenders and fries here!"

We make it to our table only to see that there are drinks, but no menus in sight.