Why Does She do This

"Jen my head really hurts."

"Well did you take the stuff I gave you?" She looks up from Sienna's bath "I told you where it is and everything.  You should know how to take it by now."

"Yeah but it didn't help.  Everything is still stuffy.  I think I have the flu."

She gives me no sympathy at all, moving on to Sienna since she's pissed I took some attention away from her.

"Well go call your doctor, see if they can get you an appointment."

"Daddy sick?"

"Yeah baby daddy's sick.  That's why mommy is giving you your bath.  You have to stay quiet for me today so my head doesn't get worse."

"Okay!"

"Sienna... that's not quiet.  That's yelling really loud."

Jen rolls her eyes, pulling Sisi out of the tub as I walk away blocking my ears.

I call my doctor while they finish up, getting an appointment for myself in an hour.

"So?  How'd it go?  Did they tell you you're being a baby?"

"Nooo. They told me they have an opening so my appointment is in an hour."

"And I guess you can't manage going alone?"

"Why would I do that when you just got her all cleaned and dressed up?  I have to show off my little princess."

"In a doctors office around other sick people? Are you really that dumb? I've spent way too much time in a doctors office lately. I feel like I live in them."

"We can be sick together, Jen!  She can be my sick buddy. And when you get sick you can just call your new doctor best friend."

"This is ridiculous. You're probably just stressed from all the treatment decisions. You aren't even the one getting constant injections."

"Maybe I injected myself by accident and that's how I have the headache."

"... let's just go."

We eat some breakfast quickly, keeping Sienna from getting too into her toys since we'll be leaving soon.

"You should drive.  I can't with my headache."

"Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll wanna keep you for observation or something.  You're overreacting."

"But it hurtssss!"

"So did labor.  I don't remember complaining this much." She looks over at me at me as she drives "And I'm pretty sure that was much worse."

"You bring that up all the time like it was traumatic or something."

"Well you saw it, it wasn't exactly the easiest."

"We here yet?" Sienna starts kicking my seat "My legs hurtttt."

Jen pulls up to the office right as Sienna starts asking.  I quickly grab her and get out so I can get checked in while Jen parks.

"Hi, I'm here for a 1:15 appointment.  Pitt."

"Okay, can I just have your photo ID so we can update your chart?  It's been a little since you were here last."

I set Sisi on the chair so she can't run and reach for my wallet quickly taking my ID out.

"I'm sorry, this says Jennifer Pitt."