Ridiculous

"Sisi, come on we're gonna go home."

"I clean up?"

"Yeah start cleaning while I get daddy. Help Julian with his toys."

I watch to make sure she's actually helping him before walking into the living room to find Brad with all the other men screaming at the TV.

"Babe we should go?"

"What? Why?" He looks back at me quickly before turning to the tv "It's only 8:30."

"I know but it's Sunday, she has preschool tomorrow... and she's tired."

"She didn't seem tired when she was chasing Julian around in here a few minutes ago."

"Brad, seriously. She needs to get to bed."

He mumbles something and keeps watching the game obviously not caring too much. I look around to see that we're the only couple still here that has a child, and Lisa is about to get Julian to bed.

"Hey," Court walks up to David "We should really leave awhile. I'm tired and the dogs are gonna need out."

David doesn't seem too happy, but he picks up all his shit and says bye to everyone as Court waits for him.

"I'll see you tomorrow," She leans in for a hug as they walk out "I can't believe we're about to start another season."

"I know, it's so exciting."

I watch as they leave, hoping Brad takes the hint since I'm still standing right behind him.

"Jen the game has less than an hour left. She's all hyped up anyway. We both know she won't sleep easily."

"I don't care. We need to leave."

Sienna walks out to me as we're talking, slouching since she's exhausted. She puts her arms up for me resting her head on my shoulder as I hold her.

"Julian went night night."

"I know, it's late baby. We'll get you home soon."

Brad turns around after a little, noticing that she's fighting to keep her eyes open and finally gives in to leaving.

"We were there long enough. You don't even like the team that was playing."

"It doesn't matter, Jen. Sometimes it's nice to just watch a game with my friends. We were having fun."

"You were screaming at the tv like a bunch of toddlers. It was ridiculous."

"You just don't understand it."

"You're right. I don't understand how watching a bunch of men running around and attacking each other is more important than our child. Especially when it isn't even the team you like."

"You're overreacting. She's 4. She'll only sleep a few hours anyway. You know that already."

He rolls his eyes, turning down the wrong street quickly.

"She sleeps 3 hours and then climbs in our bed every night."

"Brad, why did you turn this way? Our house was straight down that street."

"I'm going to the store. Calm down."

"You have got to be fucking kidding me! She. Needs. To. Go. To. Bed."

"I promised her cupcakes earlier, I'm just going to run in and grab them."

"She's sleeping! She can have cupcakes another time! She needs to get home."

"It'll take me 5 minutes. Get over it." He runs out to the store, not caring about me at all and obviously not understanding that Sienna will not be having any more food

I quickly turn to check on Sienna who's completely knocked down in her car seat, which annoys me knowing that I will need to give her a bath and she'll be grumpy

"God what are you doing?...."  I whisper trying to see him in the shop but he's nowhere to be found... I get to the driver's seat ready to just leave him here, we're not far from home anyway and I need to get my baby to bed

I'm about to make the turn, but then stop. More fighting is the last thing I want or need. I finally see him getting out of the store and looking for the car since I changed our spot

After staring at him looking for 3 minutes I decide to honk at him. He gets in the car

"What the fuck Jen?? You literally saw me walking around the parking for the last 5 minutes"

"Calm down it was like three minutes, what took you so long anyway, you were in for 30 minutes for stupid cakes she's not even gonna eat!"

"I needed shaving cream too, and mac and cheese"

"You couldn't buy that tomorrow??? It's 9:30 she's gonna wake up grumpy tomorrow and you're not the one who's gonna deal with it"

"Why are you telling me that now? I'm already in the damn car Jen"

When we get home, I take Sienna and directly head to the bathroom. I give her her bath, she of course cries the whole time and doesn't want to sleep in her crib so I put her in our bed

"Jen she can't sleep here tonight, she needs to learn"

"Well she's sleeping here for now! Because thanks to you she missed her bed time, had been crying for almost 30 minutes and is finally asleep!" I scream whisper, heading to the bathroom as he finishes his game

"Well now she's asleep you can put her in her bed, she's too knocked down to wake up"

"You have two hands and two feet, do it yourself"

"Jesus, Jen you're so annoying!  She was so tired she would have just gone to sleep."

I slam the bathroom door hoping he leaves as I start changing into my pajamas.  I hear him opening the bedroom door to walk out with her, knowing he finally listened to at least one thing so far tonight.

"Okay, turn around." He walks back in grabbing my hormone injections "Do you want a bandaid this time?"

"Only if you stab me so hard that I bleed again.  There was no reason for that yesterday."

"I've already apologized like 5 times!  Just stand still when I'm holding a needle near you and that won't happen again."

"Look, all I'm saying is I've given them to myself in the weirdest position without pain or bleeding."

"Jen you're being ridiculous. It was an accident."

"I know."