It's gonna be alright

Hey everyone! Just as a warning, this part is very emotional and might be hard to read, but is very important for the storyline planned.

"Shh Sienna mommy doesn't feel good. You need to let her sleep."

"But I have to say bye! I leavin."

"I promise, I'll tell mommy bye for you, but we're going to be late for school if we don't leave."

I notice Jen rolling over in bed, knowing she's awake but that she needs the rest after a very hard night. She picks up her phone, hopefully seeing the texts I've been begging her mom to send.

"Okay, baby let's go. School is going to start without you soon." I reach my hand out to lead her downstairs since she's insistent on saying bye to Jen "You can see mommy later when you tell us all about your day."

Jen's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, only to look over and see that I have three missed texts from my mom.

"Hey, Brad said you aren't feeling good... call me when you get up."

"Honey you know you can talk to me, what's wrong?"

"Brad's really worried about you. Please call me."

I finally sit up, ignoring the cramping I feel as I move and call her.

"Hey..."

"Well you sound awful. What's wrong, honey?"

"I don't think anything. I was up almost all night with bad cramping and my first period in almost a year so I'm just tired."

"Yeah, that's what Brad's worried about. He said you're really bleeding."

"I am, more than normal but it's always been heavier since having Sienna, that's why I went on birth control in the first place."

"Should you even be having a period right now? I can't even see you and I can tell you aren't doing good, Jen. You have to take care of yourself."

"It's been so long since I've had one I honestly don't know if I should have it now or not. It's just a very weird one."

"... did you tell her about how much you're bleeding? How pale and clammy you are?"

Brad walks back in our room still looking very worried.

"Jen you need to go get checked out. How much blood have you lost?"

"She's been in more pain the last 8 hours than she has in the last 8 years we've been together... including when she had Sienna. Our bathroom looked like a crime scene overnight."

"Jen please just go. It's better to be safe than sorry. I know you want to be better so you can play with Sienna later."

"Fine."

We hang up and Brad helps me get dressed since I feel awful and it's painful to even move at this point.

"I know you don't think this is a big deal, but you're scaring me Jen. I've never seen you like this, you really aren't yourself. I'm worried about you."

"I just want to get this over with, whatever is going on."

We get to the hospital and I feel another huge gush of blood as we walk in, immediately rushing to the bathroom while Brad gets me registered.