Prologue: Planet Wide

The blinding sun peeked over the horizon as the numerous workers slaved away like small ants for their colony. The glistening machines buzzed and whirled as they brought the minerals from the crust of the planet, tugging it upward.

B-64 felt a tug in his heart. The thousands of workers that were enslaved due to just being there at the wrong time. He placed a firm hand on his balcony's railing, leaning over the edge and staring down.

The rocky and barren earth was misused and breaking apart, tearing at the seams. He could tell that the planet was at its last breath even from the surface, yet no one cared. They could just move to another one in the system.

Well, B-64 said they, but it was mainly the original planets inhabitants that let it get that bad. Their main export was minerals and textiles, of which they used to buy ice and food for their workers.

B-64 sighed and let go of the railing, walking back inside his own room. It wasn't extravagant, but nor was it dull. Several crystal plants grew out of nutrient rich soil that seemed to litter the wealthy.

Small streams of molten iron and Ionto flowed freely from the clear crystal tubes. Most of the wealthy liked to see the fruits of the lower class' labor. It disgusted B-64, but he had to keep up appearances, and to not let it get to him.

The floor was soft, yet hard enough to have support him. His bed was made of the finest silk that the planet produced, though it didn't compare to his own home planets products. He brushed open the door, grabbing his Holo-pad.

The planet's inhabitants were mostly bipedal putty-like creatures. Most didn't have enough brain cells to be truly considered sentient, those were sent to pull and push the materials like common cattle. The ones that were smart were the main leaders of the planet, and were the ones that destroyed the planet with machinery and drilling.

B-64 walked across the small bridge that connected the outside hallway with the main entrance hall, cringing as he heard the guttural cries of the Cepoths. He didn't dare look down to see, however. The bridge was made out of the planets plants, crystal like flora each with the strength of earthen steel, yet highly see-through.

The main hallway was decorated lavishly, with brimming water falls and crystal sculptures. Cepoths came and went as well as any other race that so happened to come to the planet.

He waved to several Sentos on his way to the main elevator. The planet, if not for the aspect of slavery and it being a hellscape, was actually a generally nice place, with most of its inhabitants being overly friendly bunch. Though it may just be them trying to keep up impressions.

B-64 was sent by his own planets government to see if the Cepoths needed another planet to call home, and to offer suggestions as to their choice if need be. They knew he didn't like what they were doing there, but he had to obey lest he be killed.

The few things that he enjoyed on that planet was the way that he was treated: With reverence and respect because he was one of the Protogen, and due to that, he was treated as a live mine that they had to respect and keep in mind.

B-64 grasped the handle of the bridge, taking in the view as a few other species arrived to trade slaves, something that B-64 also heavily disliked, but couldn't say anything about. He pushed himself off the railing and made his way to the elevator.

He brushed his hand against the holo-pad and called down the elevator, which he joined the contents of with some grace as the occupants gave him a wide berth, knowing that any negative marks meant that they were closer to being expelled from the planet.

And that did put a smile on his visor.

As a B-series captain, he was generally considered a high-priority to the inner planets, and a vital importance to the outer ones. The only way those planets survived was with the help from the Protogens, and if they were expelled, it most likely meant the end of their lives.