Chapter Two: Coldness Abound

B-64 jolted awake.

He felt the cold sting of the metal grip his neck, pushing against his vocal cords. His feet hung from his body limply, no feeling in either. His hands were detached from his body, sitting bloody against another grey table.

Several, what B-64 could only assume to be scientists, were around him. They were constantly taking samples of his blood and body parts. B-64 produced a guttural screech as a needle was stabbed into his arm, shaking the straps that suspended him.

The tiger that stabbed him paid no mind, focused on extracting the blood from his body. B-64 tried once again to scan anything, to try to find anything, but nothing showed up. His visor was cracked and broken in some places.

Nothing was working for him, he had no communication, no nothing. He couldn't even remember when he first appeared in the lab, he could barely remember anything anymore. He just accepted what was happening and did not attempt to escape.

He couldn't do much either way. The men and women kept his body in suspended animation, only allowing him movement to keep his joints from locking up and to get more data for their experiments.

B-64 moved his head to his other shoulder, staring off into the distance as another needle was injected into his arm, drawing out more blood. He had long ago lost feeling in that arm, and his other wasn't long from starting to turn numb.

The lab... He had studied it on day one, and even in his drugged mind he could tell that it was very different then his planets own, despite not remembering anything about it. It was clean, white and steril to a T. Thousands of small items that B-64 couldn't describe were scattered around the lab, some even appearing more magical than technological.

When not suspended for the scientists to get samples, he was placed in a tube of either gel or some sort of blue liquid, it all depended on how they felt that day. Both needles soon were extracted from his arm, and B-64 expected to be dragged back to his tub, but that didn't happen.

Instead, five or six new people entered the room. All but one of them wore what B-64 guessed was the military uniforms. Sleek, shiny, with dark greens and light greens scattered around. Three males, two females, and one that he couldn't identify.

The only one wearing a lab coat was one of the doctors that frequented his area, and supervised his many tests and trails. He had learned to hear and 'speak' the earth's language after a few short hours of... Well, B-64 wasn't sure how he appeared on that planet.

Any which way, B-64 had learned the language they called English, and listened to what they said. It was his only form of entertainment, and it gave him something to do besides wallow in despair.

The scientist that came with the military people was a lion, short in height but lanky. He had a mane of shriveled orange with streaks of grey, his fur was consistently unbrushed and had many knots in it.

His eyes however, they looked dead. Deader than B-64 thought possible. They were a deep vibrant blue, but held the soul of a man that didn't care, that had seen uncountable horrors but continued living, despite knowing things that no one should. This single scientist, who considered B-64 the bane of everything, was named Gabriel.

Gabriel calmly led the group of military personnel through the lab, his paws slapping against the concrete as if he was trying to impress them, or he was trying to intimidate them, B-64 didn't know which. He held an air of superiority and confidence, and despite looking dead inside, held self importance.

"This specimen is an AI, classified as docile. He is a class-09 threat, but has shown no malicious nature. This is all not news to you, is it?" Gabriel asked, reading off of a small document in his hand, and nodded once he saw all the generals nod, "This specimen is codenamed 'Hack'."