Chapter Thirty-Six: Clocks Ticking

When Render first received Ion's call to arms, he didn't know what to think.

It had been a long time since he had even seen Ion, much less heard from it, but the call was far too juicy for him to not come. Of course, he'd finish with that fine male specimen in a few days, after whatever Ion wanted them to do, of course.

Render was one of the few defectors from the Protogen Empire, though this was quite a while ago as the reason why he left has since been withdrawn, and he could really go back any time he pleased.

He was once a part of the cataloging division in the S.O.B section of alien exploration. S.O.B, meaning Study Of Breeding.

Of course, it only took him so long to gain true sentience, unlike his drone brothers and sisters. He left to, well, to explore the mating habits and breeding rituals much more intimately.

Render was one of the stranger protogen in the fact that he barely had any mechanical parts, but that was due to S.O.B requiring them to blend in easily, and although the visor was a large indicator on what they were, having almost no other metallic parts actually worked fairly well.

He had managed to intercept a trading vessel to get to where Ion told them to meet up, and had given them detailed plans on what they needed to do to make sure everyone got inside. With compensation of course: Can't do anything without paying.

Render had two small devices orbiting around him clockwise and counterclockwise, coming ever so close to touching yet never actually touching. These weren't just for show either, they were actually rather powerful devices.

He could create life-like models of any being, object, or place with just a thought, and they were so convincing that sometimes it was hard to distinguish them from reality. He guessed his little quirk was one of the reasons Ion called him.

Hexel was a little different from him as well: He wasn't a true protogen in the sense of the word. He was actually an argumantulian, a spider-like being hailing from the deep corners of the universe.

He had illegally downloaded his conscience into a dead protogen body he had found, and discarded the consciousness chip. This, however cruel and dastardly illegal, did make him technically a protogen.

He had several powers that most other protogen didn't have, and some unique only to him because with his powerful mind, he doesn't need Boson Energy or particles.

He outfitted himself with a constant electrical generator that always surged through his body, and with a little drop of multipliers, it mainly powered him so he didn't need to eat or sleep at all.

That generator was hooked up to his scalp and to his hands, allowing him to control directional lines of electricity. Inside his legs, he hallowed it almost completely saved for the supports and some of the nerves, and added in several compartments.

Due to his unique species, he can also harness another energy source unique to him: Hexing energy. Considered by most to be more akin to magic than real science, he can pretty much to anything with the elements.

He had several weapons, pieces of high-tech armor, and several creations he had made himself. He was wanted across the universe for numerous crimes that although not gruesome, numbered in the tens of thousands.

He wasn't even sure why Ion called him. He only met the guy once when he saved him from going to trial, and even then he disguised it as him accidentally dropping the keys. He still has no idea how that worked out.

Though, he still owned him for that, so he answered the call. He acquired a fake I.D and biometric code that easily fooled scanners and other equipment, most of which Ion produced. Perks of being the lead engineer that uses machines to basically power the entire world.