Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Beginning

Mason watched in transfixed horror as the domed weapon parted instantly, the glass like structure completely running liquid as a muzzle of a gigantic weapon quickly ascended, before firing a gigantic burst of reddish purple energy.

The force of the beam shattered the ground around them as thick and quick quakes quickly tumbled from the machine. Mason was barely able to keep his footing, yet his eyes stayed glued to the burst of energy.

He understood what had just happened. Their entire purpose for the mission was gone. That beam had already been fired, and there was not a way in the universe that they could stop.

The Earth was being destroyed.

They spent too much time there as more rumbles exited from the machine, now powering completely down. They all stood there, horrified and in denial for so long, they forgot about the detonation.

Mason saw it before he felt it. An intense tsunami of light shattering through the soil, sound nulled to nothing, time slowed to a fault. The explosion shocked the ground and vaporized the few remaining souls unfortunate enough to be caught in the blast.

He then felt the heat: Intense radiation and entropy occurred just seconds after, rupturing his eardrums and causing his ears to bleed like wicked spouts of blood. Mason felt nothing, just seeing that the time slowed enough so that he could see the seams of the universe being undone.

He could see the thin lines of boson energy, in plasma-solid form, riding out like a wave. Right before the stream hit him though, he felt the tug, the pull, of some force greater than physical forces like gravity or knowledge.

White and Gold beams of Heartstrings scattered around Mason, Marissa, Axel and Catalyst, wrapping around them faster than the speed of sound. Mason felt the air compress and change, just a few inches before it reached his head.

And just as suddenly, the golden strings of the universe yanked him back from the blast, along with his friends. The tug was with such force that the air cut deep into the ground, and if sound could travel, the sonic boom would have shattered everything around him.

It all happened in a few seconds, the intense heat flared hotter than solar stars, completely and utterly destroying everything in its wake. Mason was pulled to the ground, slamming hard enough into it that he left an imprint.

And not a second later, the heat rose even hotter. The universe's lines, supposed to be resilient to all forms of attack, started to compress tighter and tighter as new levels of heart began to exist, exciting the atoms and particles so much that even things that were not supposed to be on fire, were on fire.

Mason felt the life squeeze out of him as the strings tightened even more, and his vision blurred to nothing but dark crimson light and bleak darkness. His eyes glazed over as he finally succumbed to the heat, as the only thing keeping him barely alive was the fresh boson energy blasting through his veins.

_-_-_-_-_

B-64 had failed.

His life flashed before his eyes as he saw B-01 press that button. He felt the intense heat rise in the very bowels of the machine, radiation and reality bending to the most extreme point. B-01 was far too fast for him.

B-01 managed a chuckle, light green energy rising around him before exploding violently outward from his body. The blast blew B-64 back, slamming him against the wall of the main control room.

B-64 git up wearily, finding the room's atmosphere coated in a thin, mucus like green substance. And that's when it happened.

Time froze to nothing as the bombs in the fuse rooms detonated, the violent tsunami of light corrupting his optic sensors and blasted his body with radiation so extreme, not even his own Boson generator could prevent it from messing his body up.