Chapter Twenty-Five: Spaceships and Protogens

Mason had always dreamed about a lot of things, and ruined buildings and monstrous creatures were by and large a huge part in those dreams. But his nighttime dreamscapes didn't hold a candle against the real thing.

The floor above them, where B-04 came from, was absolutely shredded. The walls were completely gone, and the ceiling barely held the other eight and a half levels above it.

B-04, knowing that they couldn't jump as high as he could, relegated to making them take the stairs, plainly telling them that if any one of them were to try to escape, that they would be executed on the spot.

It took an entire thirty minutes to ascend the stairs, of which Mason took the time to observe the new protogen.

He was rather tall, a bit higher then himself, and he had massive ears. He had a fuzzy  black furred head with a white visor. Along the base of his neck he had a simple rose gold 'jacket' that didn't really do much other than look a little nice.

His mid-section contained black fur with white chest floof, a golden-red metallic body, and metallic gold-red finish on his legs. His black legs slowly faded into white at the paws, and his claws were a bright white.

Despite the harrowing situation they were in, and the possibility of death looming before them, he actually liked the look of the protogen. It was much fancier than B-64's pallet.

Speaking of, Mason did notice subtle little differences in his little protogen friend after expending his energy during that Scarlet Blast, and the fight after it.

The bleach white fur was the obvious one, his entire fur-covered body now white in coloration save for a few splashes of purple. His neon green claws now seemed even more out of place, as they almost glowed against his new fur.

His visor was cracked in several places, though Mason could see the cracks slowly disappearing. The metal around his legs was severely dented in, with the backside almost entirely caved into itself.

His midsection, where his chest cavity was, was in a state of disrepair as well, caving in as well as smoldering slightly. Mason was worried, at first, but after thirty minutes of walking up stairs with his friend, he started to not care.

But even so, he wasn't about to let anyone else touch his B-64, not in a million years.

Axel and Marissa, on the other hand, were absolutely terrified. Everything around them was completely destroyed, and although they had seen dead bodies before, this was nothing like the town they had seen before.

This was not just a massacre. This was a promise. By the way the bodies were strung up, sliced up and propped like little tokens of war: Heads thrown into a pile while the bodies were subjected to extreme mutilation.

This was a promise to the Foundation. To say stop resisting. That this will happen again if they continue fighting. Marissa was sick to her stomach, trying to keep her way from the blood. But it was impossible, as the blood quite literally flooded the floor.

Axel was also finding it hard. He could smell much better than either of his friends, and he could scent the death and rapid decay in the air. But unlike Marissa, he had something to take his mind off of it. Making sure Hannah was safe.

He made sure to cover her eyes and ears, not wanting her to hear or see anything around them. He cringed constantly as wet squelches filled silent hallways, and he could swear he could hear the damned screams floating downward.

They reached for D at the twenty-three minute mark, and they encountered even more bodies. This floor housed the cafeteria, and it was lunch time when the breaching accrued. Mason could barely keep it together, holding B-64's body close to him for comfort.