Chapter 21 ~Happy Endings~ Part I

"Eva are you ready? We kinda have to fly back out to Sydney if you didn't know. "

I walk the down the stairs. As soon as i came into Lukes view his eyes went wide.

"Whoa....you look hot" I finish going down the stairs and i slap Luke's arm as I walk out the door.

"Ow" I shake my head and laugh. I was wearing the mint colored sweetheart dress i saw at the bridal shop. It was long and flowy and exposed my bare chest. I had cream lace open toed heels and my hair was in a low bun making it easy for me to put on my designated flower crown. I wore a statement necklace and earrings and my lips were colored a soft pink like my nails.

"Ready?" Luke said as i put on my seat belt.

"As ready as i'll ever be" luke started the car and drove off.
********
********
By the time we landed in Sydney the wedding was going to start in a few 5 min or so. Luke quickly grabbed my bag as we ran off the plane and into the airport. I slipped off my heels as i began to run even faster across the airport. Luke and I dodged the mass of people before being at the exit and hoping into the first taxi we see.

"Saint Gabriel Church please" the taxi began to move. I put on my heels again as i exhaled deeply. I looked at my phone to see how much time we had left... The wedding started.

"Shit" i mumbled.

The taxi stopped and i looked outside. We were at the church already. Luke threw a twenty dollar bill at the man before pulling me and my suitcase out of the car. Luke dragged me along inside. We made our way around the church till we were outside again.

There were rows of filled seats facing the platform where the altar was. Along one side of the altar were the boys. Michael, and Calum were the only boys I recognized. They spotted me as well as I spotted them. A smile grew on their faces as they signaled me to come. Luke and I walked to them. Luke got in place and Calum set me up on the Girls side. He handed me a bouquet of soft pink flowers.

"Its starting in a min or two." Calum said as he adjusted the flowers in my hand. He stepped back and looked at me. "I didnt know sydney had that good of a taste" he said as he looked at my dress.

"She doesnt" he raised an eyebrow in question.

"I picked this dress. Luke bought it to replace this horrible one i have at home. Its horrible trust me...i would have looked like her." At the thought of that Calum shuddered before getting back in his place.

I ignored the girls behind me trying to make no eye contact knowing they were Sydney's friends. As i looked into the crowd of people I saw harry and Lauren. They waved at me violently as they smiled, and I just laughed. I wiggled my fingers as a way of saying hi to them. As i was laughing the music started.

I stood up straight and took a deep breath as Medicine by the 1975 filled the open space. The doors opened and out came sydney. I looked perplexed considering Ashton hadn't come out. I went to look at Luke only to find Ashton right next to him looking at me. He showed no emotion. We stayed looking at each other as Sydney walked.

The music dimmed out and Sydney was beside me already. She shot me a look before looking at the priest. She took Ashton's hands in hers as the crowd of family sat down.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the uniting in Ashton Irwin and Sydney Mellock's love. This is possible because of the love that God had given them, through Jesus Christ." The crowd were all seated.

"Jesus said, "I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly." This abundant life, for many people, is an impossible dream, yet God wants us all to have this abundant life and proved His love for us by giving His Son, that we might have this life.

Another way that God provides for this "full" life is creating those who will love us. Ashton has found such a one in Sydney hearts and spirits were drawn together before today by the Lord of all creation. Two lives are not united by ceremony, but only in the power, love, and grace of God.

Ashton and Sydney are here to publicly declare that because of Jesus Christ's love, they too can truly love one another. As God demonstrated His love in Jesus, our Lord, Ashton and Sydney will demonstrate this God given love by giving themselves to one another and one for the other.

They have not reached this place alone, each has been given life by their parents. These, who gave to them life love, provision, are and will be, a vital part in their continued lives. Their love has borne fruit in Ashton and Sydney. Love and respect for these will continue as they grow in their own love made possible by their parents.

Now before we begin are there any objections to this young couples marriage?"
I didn't say anything. I only looked at Ashton who was looking at me. I looked away and down at the ground.

"Ok then.
Sydney and Ashton , no other human ties are more tender, no other vows are more sacred than these you are about to assume. You are entering into that holy estate which is the deepest mystery of experience, and which is the very sacrament of divine love.

Sudney, will you have Ashton to be your wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only for him so long as you both shall live?"

Sydney looks up at ashton and smiles, "I do."

" Ashton, will you have Sydney, to be your wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only for her so long as you both shall live?" I took a deep breath. Ashton turned to face Sydney. He didnt say anything.

"Ashton?" I heard Sydney whisper.

"Ashton" the priest coughed. Ashton looked over at me before sighing and looking into Sydney's eyes again. He smiled at her. As his mouth began to open to respond i dropped the flowers and started running down the isle.

"I d-"