𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

I woke up to the sound of someone calling my name. "Hey, you two wake up. I got something". I sit up.

"Elena?".

"No Katherine. Give this to Damon. It's a cure, put it in his mouth". She says. I hold the glass beaker and look to him opening his mouth pouring it in, watching his face fill with colour again. "He's a special one that one, he cares for you I can tell, I mean he did try to kill me when I compelled you and he used to be in love with me".

"Yeah I don't know what any of this stuff is just yet. Thanks Katherine". I smile. thats creepy. She leaves and Damon starts waking up. I check his arm and the mark is gone. "Oh my god". I grab my phone and text Stefan.

'Damon's okay, where are you?'.

I hear feet running up the stairs and see Elena and Caroline. "Annie, you-".

"I know about you".

"Good, I'm glad you do. Now we can protect you without lies". They smile together. But I wasn't smiling.

"Once I've spoke with Damon. I don't want to talk to you ever again. 3 years. 3years you've lied to me, kept me in the dark. I loved you all. I cared for you and I needed you but you were never there. I think I know where my friendship lies with you all". I stand up and walk out of the room and sit on the sofa in the living room.

I waited 20 minutes and hear the front door go. Caroline and Elena left. I hear Damon come behind me pouring himself a drink. He offers it to me but I just ignore him. "Come on Annie, you can't ignore me forever".

"You lied to me. I never knew about my own best friends deepest darkest secret. I thought we told each other everything? I mean I guess that's just one sided".

"Come on, you love me Annie, you can't ignore that". He stand in front of me. "I thought you loved me? Always had always will". he smiles referring to what I said.

"Don't you dare! Don't you dare use that against me. I thought you were dying", I choke up. "I thought I'd never see you again, I had to tell you".

"And I felt the same, you know I did. I have to protect you though, they're certain things I can't tell because I want to keep you safe".

"I'm not a kid, I can look after myself", I stand up pushing past him. He grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Not in this world. You have no idea how dangerous it is. Everyday your life is at risk because of what you know. It can be used against you".

"Well then it's a good job we aren't friends anymore, I guess my life isn't at risk".

"Come on. You can't be serious. 3years of friendship".

"That's nothing to you. What are you 90? That's 3 years in a tiny insignificant part of your life".

"178".

"One hun- oh my god. So I mean that just steps on my point".

"Just so you know. It's the best three years of my life".

"Goodbye Damon". I walk out the door and drive down to my house. I walk in and see my dad fixing up a shelf.

"Hey hon can you pass me that screw for your old man". I pick it and watch him put up the shelf.

"Dad. Did you and mom ever argue before you knew you were in love".

"Did we. All the time. But that's just usually tension because you know you love each other".

"When did you realise you loved her?".

"When I knew she would always be there for me. The second I met her if I'm honest".

"And I was in love with your dad when I knew he would never hurt me. We were best friends for years".

"5". He says. "Then one day I was sick of not being able to love her. So I married her"

"Wait. You guys didn't even date first?". I ask.

"What's the point? When you love someone you wanna spend the rest of your life with them. And I mean it's worked".

"So far". She smiles kissing his cheek. "What's this about anyway?". She asks me. "Is it Damon?".

"We aren't friends anymore. As of 20 minutes ago". I sigh. "I don't think I have any friends now".

"What happened?". My dad asks.

"They lied to me. All of them for 3 years".

"Elena?". She asks and I nod. "Stefan?".

"All of them. I think I'm just gonna go to my room. I don't want any dinner". I say and go upstairs to my room and to my diary.

'Vampire. Myth? No. I saw them. My own best friends. Lied to me. Witches? Werewolves? A real thing. The worse thing is that I lost all of my friendships. They were all based on lies and I can't hurt myself like that. I need to be strong, I am strong. The thing is the only one I can talk to is Stefan, he has the best advice and I can't even talk to Him'.

I look Up and stare at my phone. Do I? I pick up my phone and glare at the number.

Just do it Annie. You need one friend.

"Hey Stefan? I need to talk".

"Sorry love, Stefans caught up at the minute. Can I leave a message". A British man says on the other line .

"Oh yeah. Uh how do I word it. Could you tell him that even though I cut off his brother and everyone else, I still need a friend to talk to. So if you could get him to call me that would be good".

"How about you come over, I'm sure it'd be better to talk in person don't you? What's your name so I can tell him".

"It's Annie. And yeah okay just text an address and I'll come over. Who are you?".

"You'll soon find out". He says and ends the phone. What a strange man. I go downstairs to grab my coat.

"I'm going to meet Stefan. Just text me if you need me".

"Okay. I love you". My dad says.

"I love you too", I hear my mum shout.

"Love you". I smile and jump in my car.