𝚃𝚎𝚗

A/n- if any of you like the god timothée chalamet I have a new story of him called brown eyes. Check it out tell me what you think

The next morning I wake up with the biggest smile.

He kissed me. And he loves me.

But my happiness only lasted for a minute when I thought about my mom. All I wanted to do was tell her. Sheriff forbes told my dad that we would hold a wake in the town square my mom was known around the town. She would do every event in the town and everyone loved her.

I got up and made my dad a coffee and took it to his room. "Hey dad". I knock lightly. I open the door and he was up on his phone. "Here you go". I smile. "Are you okay?".

"I'm doing okay. I'll be better after Today". He smiles. "Thankyou sweetie".

"I love you dad". I say and then go to my room to change. It was 9am and my moms funeral was in 2 hours.

I find my black dress and put on a black jacket over the top. I do my makeup and hair and just sit at my desk in silence staring at myself. Thinking. And I start crying.

"Hey", I look up from my blurry eyes and I jump up to Damon as he hugs me. "You're doing good. I'll be here all day today and tomorrow and forever".

"I don't think I can do this".

"You can, you can I promise. Come on". He takes me hand and we go downstairs. I meet my dad and we get into the hearse that picked us up. "I'll see you in the town".

We drove slowly through town and everyone had a memoriam of my mom out there house. We pull into the church and all of my family where here. My aunts and uncles all comforting me and all my friends.

An hour passed and I waited for my dad to say his speech. I sat with Damon.

"I first met jean when we were 18. She was the most beautiful woman I'd ever met, we were best friends years until one day I realised I couldn't do it. I couldn't go one day without kissing her, or holding her hand, or telling her how much I loved her. My life wouldn't be of been complete without her and I thank god everyday that I got to be in her memories for a few decades. The thing is when you love someone you'd do anything for them and when you can't save them it kills you inside", I feel Damon take my hand and squeeze it. "I haven't any regrets in our life together jean only that I wish I had told you I loved you the first day we met". He finishes and I stand up to hug him. "I love you my beautiful little girl". He says and I cry into his shoulder.

Once the funeral was over we went to bury her body and then everyone went to the mystic grill for the wake. But I just stayed at the grave. I sat on a bench and relaxed just thinking about our time together and how much it will hurt without her. "Your dad was right". I feel Damon sit next to me. "Spending those years with someone you love is immense".

"I know. And when he said that when you love someone you'd do anything for them. He's right. I'd die for you Damon". I say.

"Thanks but don't, I'm the one that can be saved not you". I hold his hand and we sit in silence for a while. "You wanna go to the grill?". He asks and I nod.

We walk together and I get a lot of hugs from family and close friends. "I loved your mother with all my heart". Her best friend says. "I'm going to miss her too much".

"Me too". I say.

"You make her proud okay".

"I will". I smile hugging her.

"Hey How you doing?", Elena asks.

"As good as I can". I shrug.

"Me and Damon are gonna Chicago tomorrow if you want to come. We found a lead on Stefan". She says. "Well I don't think Damon wanted me to tell you".

"No I didn't but thanks Elena". He says coming up to us.

"What's he doing in Chicago?", I ask them.

"Not looking for Oprah". Damon says. "I guess you can come now but I'm serious Annie you can't walk off and do your own thing I need to keep an eye on you".

"Yeah if klaus finds you he can compel you and ask anything. Including things about me. Here". He takes me to the corner. "Put this in your drink". She gives me a liquid. "Vervain. Not even Damon can compel you".

"I never did". He stresses. "Once".

"One time to many". I say. "I'll come. But I need someone to check on my dad".

"Well i would say Caroline but she's MIA", Elena sighs. "Tyler?".

"No he's bummed about Caroline not being around". I say. "Jeremy?".

"Yeah?", he says coming to us.

"Can you do me a huge favour? Check in on my dad every now and then tomorrow. I won't be here". I say.

"Of course". He hugs me. "I'll go in after work".

"Thanks jeremy". I smile.

"Annie. Come here". Damon says holding out his hand. "I wanna take you somewhere". We walk into the town and behind the church bell. "Close your eyes". He says. He holds me tight and I feel my self being lifted up. "Okay". I open my eyes and see we are high up.

"Are we on top of the church?". I ask and he nods. "I never realised how beautiful mystic falls is. I mean it was beautiful and then things happen that turn what you love ugly, like this town".

"Sometimes you just need a different perspective". He says holding me from behind. "You'll get through this and you know why?".

"Why?".

"Because you're strong and loving. You have friends that love you and a dad that would kill someone for you. I love you and I can help you also keeping your mind on something else like looking for my asshole brother can help".

"Hey. You know you love him, he's just lost and don't forget he did this for you just like anyone would".

"No they wouldn't".

"I would, if I were 160 many years old. Do you think it's a good idea that we take Elena with us? I mean imagine we did find Stefan and klaus is just round the corner I mean he can compel it out of him, and then it just puts Stefan in danger like death for lying to him".

"You try telling her that, I promised her that I would keep her safe, and I trust her to stay out of the way".

"Well if you do them so do I".