Between Lines

Have you ever been on a trampoline and felt like you were just gliding through the air for a couple of seconds? That's what I've been feeling like for a long time. A comfortable floaty feeling. It's nice and warm but it's also very dark here.

It's also very, very lonely. It's quiet. I usually like quiet, but this is a bit too much.

Was I dead? I don't think so. Maybe floating between life and death.

Fuck the Millstones. Carol's anger issues must be genetic or something. This was why she never got in trouble for throwing tantrums.

I suppose there were good reasons for parents to hit their children, but I refuse to raise ethical questions about parenting as I have technically never been a parent. Well, I've raised a kid so I guess it does count but I digress.

The quiet of this place is really starting to get to me. Shouldn't I be in a bed or something? All I remember is getting hit really hard and then fainting.

I really hope that I'm just in a coma or something, otherwise God will never hear the end of it from me.

I don't know how long I was left to my own thoughts, but I began to hear a voice. I didn't know that voice, but I also it. It was both feminine and masculine at the same time. It was strange to put it simply.

"...w....up."

"Wake up."

"I have given you another chance at life, yet you are going to waste it like this?"

Hey, I didn't want to get into this situation either! I was enjoying my new life just fine!

"... I'm begging you..."

"Please wake up so that girl doesn't destroy this world I put so much work into!"

The stupid begging of that voice turned to sobs and I sighed. How can you destroy a world? Was this whole situation a figment of my bored imagination? Was I going insane? I should take a nap, maybe they'll shut up.

"Don't you dare fall asleep right now! I reincarnated you into this world and I will reincarnate you right out! Wake up!"

No.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up!"

No, no, no, no, and no.

"PLEASE!"

BITCH, I'LL GET UP WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME REST.

"I can't believe it. A human just yelled at me, and after everything I've done for her. Has the universe gone mad?"

Her ramblings were driving me insane. How can someone rest like this? Well, I'll find some other way to pass the time. Hmm...

Ah, yes. I'll look at how much I've fucked up the storyline of this book.

First of all, Ophelia was supposed to grow up believing that she wasn't loved by her family and only find solace in giving all the love she had to her younger brothers. She truly was loved, her parents were just incredibly busy. After all, her father was a Duke and right-hand to the King while her mother managed the household and made sure everything ran smoothly with finances and the like. I had first-hand experience with how much the two parents loved their daughter, calling me into their offices separately to ask me of her status, if she was eating well, had enough clothes, needed anything. While the Duke had never admitted, he memorized all of Ophelia's favorite foods and flowers, forcing the cooks to master the dishes and gardeners to take special care of said flowers in the gardens. Lady Ysabelle threw herself into planning every birthday party Ophelia had and always cleared her schedule for each day before so they could go on trips together.