of troubles and encounters

be scared and do it
conquer your fear
and overcome it

M A D D I E

Leighton lay in the ground, shock written in his face.

He accidentally stepped in their territory. I could see the barrier that was set up. Although it was weak, it was a barrier set to trap in intruders. You can't get out after you've gotten in.

We all stood in shock for a second before I rushed out to help him, but I hesitated because the pulling emotion suddenly got stronger. Something's coming. No-- someone's coming. And helping meant that I was going to be trespassing in a pack territory.

I've never made that mistake in the past 21 years of my life.

Leighton looked at me with a cry of help. I can't just leave him alone, I've brought him all the way here. There's no way I'm abandoning him.

As I was about to step into the territory, suddenly about five men appeared in front of us. Three of them standing by the borderline and the two had spears pointed at Leighton's neck.

Damn it, they're fast.

"Stay back everyone! Go get help from the camping ground." I commanded at the others with gritted teeth. I can't fail them.

"M-Maddie, help me p--!" I hear Leighton scream. However, before he could even finish his sentence, the spear was put closer into his neck.

The young rogue whimpered in fear as tears start to form in his eyes. The three men were already crouching defensively, ready to attack at any moment. I assumed the same stance.

I'm going to save Leighton no matter what. But the feeling became much stronger. My stomach churned and my heart beat fast. I could feel something ominous will happen and I had a terrible feeling about it.

"Stand back or we'll kill this rogue!" one of them said. His tone was harsh and angry and I didn't like it very much. Who was he to talk to us like that?! Leighton just accidentally stepped into their land and they're ready to give him the death sentence.

This is why I hate packs and pack wolves. They were too rash, too angry at us and while they didn't even know our story.

"Let him go, it was an accident." I said as calmly as I could, which wasn't calm at all. I could feel my blood starting to boil.

"You really expect us to believe that, you filthy rogues. I bet you were observing our pack to attack us." one of them said again.

My fists balled up and I could feel my anger getting the best of me, my wolf was trying to come out, but I had to suppress her. The pull just got stronger and a new scent started to make itself known in the air.

What is that smell?

It smells so--

Maddie, there's no time for this! You have to save Leighton!

'Maddie, I smell him.' I hear my wolf say. I was going to respond to her, but then I saw one of them punching Leighton and my emotion got the best of me.

I didn't care anymore if I was going to overstep the boundaries. I rushed to Leighton, kicking the first guard who punched him. I elbowed the other one and they both fell down in pain. I carried Leighton and was about to get out of the barrier when I feel a force colliding onto me.

It was strong. So strong that I flew away and fell onto the ground a few meters away. It didn't help that I was carrying Leighton and so he fell on top of me. And now, Leighton was a growing boy so he wasn't exactly the lightest weight.

Its impact hurt, but I immediately got back up and stood in front of Leighton, protecting him no matter what.

And that's when I see him.

He was tall and lean. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants that hugged his body just right, showcasing his muscles just enough for a girl to fall for. He was tanned which matched his looks very well. See, as soon as our eyes met, I felt something that I didn't understand.

My heart has been beating out of control and my I could feel my body having chills as his hazel eyes looked at me. I felt like he was seeing right through me. And I didn't like that.

My wolf was going insane inside my head, wanting to come out. She was stubborn, but she'd never been this stubborn at wanting to come out.

I feel someone running towards me again as I was off guard because of the new comers. I managed to peel my eyes away from the dangerous man that just appeared as I focused my attention at the one attacking me. He was the one who sent Leighton and I flying.

He came at me with a such speed that I almost wasn't able to dodge him. Luckily, I was able to get Leighton and I away from his attacking range. I put Leighton down and sprang from the ground, delivering a kick to my attacker's waist.

He got hit, but he recovered fast because he grabbed my leg and as if I was a hammer, swung me to the ground. I hit the ground so hard that I felt like vomiting.

"Owen, enough!" we all hear someone say. I realized it was the man with the hazel eyes. I slowly opened my eyes to look at him.

He still stood in place, shock was evident in his face and he was still trying to recover from it. Although he was tanned, I could see that he was getting really pale at the moment.

Our eyes met again and we looked at each other. I couldn't explain the feeling as I looked at him. It was as if... as if I knew him.

I don't like this. That man is dangerous.

I have to get away as soon as possible.

"What happened here?" he asks as he looks at the guards. He sounded angry and looked like he was ready to rip someone apart.

They bowed their heads before answering. I looked around. Ashley and the others weren't here anymore. They must've went to call for help.

"Alpha, the young rogue crossed our border line. That lady rogue stepped in to help him, but they're not alone. As I understand, the other rogues who were here earlier went to call for help." one of the three rogues who accused us of planning an attack explained the situation.

I got up slowly, but as soon as sat up, the other wolf that attacked me was already behind me, his claws dangerously near my neck. As if just waiting for a command so that I can get killed.

My eyes search for Leighton. A guard has him, great. This is the worst scenario ever.

I look back to the one that they called Alpha, the one I've been having a bad feeling about. He was walking nearer to me now and that's when my wolf starts saying something.

'Mate.'

He stopped in front of me.

Mate?