of meetings and greetings

who are you when no one is watching?
what do you wish for upon the starry skies?
and what is the reason for your painful cries?

M A D D I E

*dress that Maddie wore*

Chase brought me to one of the local shops, still within the pack. I was reminded that their pack was indeed rich and strong because they had a lot of shops. I knew that most packs did not have their own centres within their packs.

I was still arguing with him that I didn't need a... a dress. I've never worn a dress before, not even a skirt. Dresses were for pretty and elegant ladies. For those who looks like they can't even hurt an ant.

I'm not like that. Besides, I've rarely seen people wear dresses. The rogue community wasn't really keen on fashion.

As we walked from the pack house to that little clothing shop, everyone that passed us by stopped and gave reverence to their Alpha, but not before casting a curious look towards me. Not only that, I noticed that the females added a look of contempt.

It took me all I had to stop myself from jumping at them scratching them, but like Kasen, Chase was quick to calm me down and drive the onlookers away.

As Chase opened the doors, I heard a chiming sound. I noticed a hanging decoration swaying and as it dangled against each other, it made sounds. Interesting.

My nose immediately picked up a flowery scent, one that was going to calm you. Somehow, I didn't like it.

I looked around the place. It was cozy and the scent filled the air. The place was obviously filled with clothes, women's clothes to be precise. I have never seen clothes so pretty before, no-- I have never seen that many clothes before. There were shirts, pants, dresses, skirts with all sorts of designs and colours. That was actually possible.

It didn't take long before I heard steps and Chase and I turned. A girl with curly blonde hair emerged from the corner. I kid you not when I say that she is a doll.

This girl had curly golden locks, eyes as bright as her hair, her face was small, but well defined. Her skin was so clear and bright, but in the very best way possible. She was wearing this very light pink dress that matched her so well.

I've never seen a girl so pretty. She had a big smile as she entered the scene, but that immediately dropped when she saw me.

She switched looks from me to Chase and I sensed something different this time.

Chase seemed to tense up a bit, but he still forced a smile. Forced a smile, I tell you.

This man could be really fake when he wanted to be, but from the few weeks that I've known him, he wasn't the one to fake a smile.

My heart tightened a tad bit while looking at them stare at each other. Like hello? I'm here, in case they didn't notice.

Chase was the first to break the trance between their own world. "Lizzie, how are you?" he asked.

Blondie shook her head, as if forcing herself back to reality, and returned the smile first to Chase and then to me. "Great, I've been... me. And she is?" Lizzie points to me as she nears me.

For some reason, I felt really threatened by her. As if she was going to take something from me and I had to protect it at all costs.

"This is--" I cut Chase off.