of ceremonies and beginnings

our queen, our warrior, our Luna

M A D D I E

It was about a month later after the rogues had officially become pack members when Chase informed me that I was also going to be presented as the pack's Luna.

I contested that I wasn't ready just yet, but he assured me that it was fine and that I was going to learn as we go. Besides, I had also realized that out of all the rogues, I was the only one who wasn't an official member of the pack yet.

Ever since Chase informed me of the upcoming Luna ceremony, things had only become busier. Lucy had been with me a lot and taught me a lot of things as well as giving me tips.

"But of course, every Luna is different, so you just keep doing you. Just always keep in mind that you are now leading a pack." she tells me.

On subjects of Lunas, I remembered Hannah and Hazel who were probably great at what they did and although I was worried on how well I will do, I know that there are many people around me who will help me.

Today was the day of the ceremony and I was staring at the ceiling, clinging tightly onto the blanket. My heart was already beating so fast of anxiousness, but when I heard a knock at the door, I knew I had to get up.

The ceremony was going to take place this evening but there were a lot of things to make sure off and there were a lot of things to be done for tradition's sake.

One of the rules of the ceremony was that I wasn't allowed to see Chase until this evening at the banquet hall so that was already bummer.

I could really use some of his corny jokes to ease my nerves.

Shaye and Faye were both at the door, the twins who had been helping me especially with the preparation of the ceremony. It helped that they were my age so I felt like I was getting ready with friends.

"Good morning, Luna." Faye says with a smile as she pulled the curtains apart letting the sun lighten the room.

I sighed as I sat up. "So, today's the day." I say with a heavy feeling.

"Yes, Luna. We will go over all the steps for today, but first you need to eat first. You won't be able to grab a bite until this evening." Shaye tells me.

Great.

I get off my bed and washed up. After getting changed, the three of us went down to the pack kitchen where I was served a heavy heavy breakfast. I was so full that I had to remain seated for a few minutes just to digest some food.

After eating, Shaye and Faye explained to me all the things that were going to happen today.

The ceremony was at 6PM and since there was still a bit of time, they told me that I could take a rest first because everything was still getting prepared.

I was walking along the forest, heading to nowhere in particular. On my way, I met a lot of people who were either also just passing time or hurrying to prepare the places that would be used tonight.

Right, so at the ceremony, I would be receiving my pack mark as well being presented to be the Luna. Shaye and Faye had also mentioned that tonight, Chase and I were going to spend the night for the traditional marking night.

From what I understood, I was going to receive two marks, but I didn't really understood the second one since it wasn't properly explained. It was as if Shaye and Faye were shy to talk about it.

Finally, the twins called me back at the pack house. When I had arrived, there weren't only the two of them there. There were many other women too including Lucy, Melanie. However, I was greatly surprised when I caught sight of my mother.