of sadness and goodbyes

know that my promise is still true,
i will protect you
even if it breaks me
as long as you will be
free

M A D D I E

Apparently, Chase had another condition when he let me visit my fellow rogues. It was that he was going to come with me. But in all honesty, I think he's just afraid that I might escape again.

I was thinking about it, but then he said that he would be coming along.

I could sense that he was strong and I hated to admit it, maybe even stronger than me. But if he picks a fight with me, there was no way that I was going to let him win.

"If looks could kill, you would've killed me by now." Chase said all of a sudden as he walked ahead of me and I glared at his broad back.

We were walking towards the encampment of rogues, just the two of us. He claimed that no one will dare attack him within the vicinity of his pack and if a rogue does attack him, he would just need to kill them.

I know, talk about self-confidence right.

This guy was too sure of himself. And one thing I hated more about him, he was sure that he was going to make me stay.

"If only, unfortunately, staring alone won't kill you." I say.

We were almost there, about ten more minutes of walking. I could make up the barrier that I set over our camping ground.

Ah, how long has it been?

I missed the quiet of the forest. The forest was the only place I've ever known. It was my home, but it was also my battleground.

"Though I am curious, a group of rogues are sticking together? Chase started and glanced at me. When I didn't answer, he took it as a sign to continue. "There were rumours going on about a famous rogue. They call her... the Queen of the Rogues." he said. I made a mistake of meeting his eyes.

Queen of the Rogues huh?

"What are you trying to say?"

Chase smiled, carefree and annoying. "It makes me wonder if my mate is the one they call the Queen of the Rogues, see I'm very interested in knowing you, I'm hurt that you don't feel the same." he said again. My eyes widened.

So he did suspect that it was me.

I sighed and brought my claws out. He must've been surprised by what I did, but that didn't stay too long. He just smiled again, amused.

This guy is so annoying.

"You're crossing the line, pack wolf. And like I told you before, me being your mate doesn't mean anything." I reminded him, I made sure to add a bit of threat in my voice to scare him.But obviously, that didn't work because he just nodded and smiled, completely unfazed.

I sighed again and we continued walking until we reached the camping grounds.

As soon as we got nearer, I smelled the familiar scent of all the people that were there.

Ashley and her parents Mel and Steve. There was Mrs. Potters, Quinn and his two siblings Jenny and John. There was Gavin and Celeste. There was Gage and Leighton and everyone else.

I saw Andrew emerge out of the woods as he stood in front of the barrier that I set up. My heart melted at the sight of him. He looked like he hasn't slept in days, his chocolate eyes deep in thought, bags under his eyes and his hair disheveled.