of poison and emotions

far away in my distant memory,
and deep into my heart,
is the forgotten you,
remembered by the haunting melody
of your sweet lullaby

M A D D I E

I felt like I was watching my past.

"Madeline, that's the name left on this handkerchief. That must be your name." Sherry said. She was the very first rogue that took care of me. She was the one who found me. I guess you can say that she was the closest mother figure I ever had as a child.

But she was killed trying to protect me from another rogue. Fortunately, that rogue let me off saying that I wouldn't survive long anyways and that he didn't want to stain his hands with a child's blood.

The next rogue that took care of me was Mike. He was older and stronger than Sherry. He said he reminded me of his daughter so he protected me. But then we were ambushed by another group of rogues and he was killed trying to protect me again

I was found by a younger rogue after that, his name was Stan. I was six when he found me and he was thirteen. He tried his hardest to protect me, but he was also just child so when we accidentally met humans out on haunting, he wasn't strong enough to keep me from being taken away.

The humans brought me to a human town, their scent nauseated me. It naturally made me feel weaker. They brought me to a place called an orphanage with a bunch of other human kids. I noticed that there was one werewolf kid too but she didn't seem to realize it.

She lived her life as human, fully believing that she was one. I once asked her if she believed in werewolves and she simply laughed as if what I was saying was silly. Hm, I wonder where she is now.

I managed to escape that place before I went crazy, I convinced that girl with me but she didn't come and I didn't have the time to convince her some more.

Right when I returned to the woods, as luck would have it, I met rogues which immediately tried to murder me. And that's when... I met Finn and his mom.

I stirred, my body felt heavy. Everything around and in me hurt. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was floating in an endless sea of pain.

The pain was unlike anything I've ever felt before.

And then I hear it again. A lullaby.

The melody was haunting me, it was as if I was still missing something important. I felt like each sound creeped under my skin and that made me feel terrible.

And then I see a lady by a rocking chair. She was beautiful, her long red hair reminded me of mine. She was nursing what looked like a newborn baby. She was singing a lullaby... the haunting lullaby.

A man entered followed by a little boy. They both had the same grey eyes and while the man had black hair, the little boy had red hair similar to the woman and mine.

Who?

There was a nostalgic feeling, like I knew them. But I didn't. This was my first time seeing these people. There was no way I could know them. But that lullaby...

I've heard that before.

It felt like there was a hole in my chest. I felt empty yet heavy. The load of emotions were starting to eat me up again and like all the other times, I didn't know how to deal with them.

It would've been easy if they were animate things that I could slay so I can stop feeling this way, but they weren't.

The man and the little boy that entered stood near the lady carrying the infant. They were curiously observing the child all with smiles and laughters but then they look up. This time, they looked straight into my eyes. The lady was still singing her lullaby.