of strangers and deals

strange dreams
of a place far away
of warriors undefeated
of light brightened

M A D D I E

"Dynamí, be careful." someone whispered in my ears. Who?

Her voice was melodic and enticing. The pain of my body seemed to wash away as the voice spoke to me. I tried to open my eyes, I forced myself to.

The white ceiling welcomed me as I opened my eyes. The aching of my entire body followed after. Ugh, why does it hurt so much?

All I remember after was that dangerous man throwing me onto the ground and as I looked up to him, I saw that he was seething. I heard the fast footsteps of other pack wolves who followed after Leighton and I only hoped that he was able to get away.

And after that, my vision blackened.

"O-oh! She's awake! Doctor!" I hear someone say. I looked over to my side and saw two guards stationed at the door of the small room I was in. One of the guards had already gotten out and called for a doctor.

I tried to move, but then I noticed that my hands and feet were bound. They really love chains don't they?

My whole body was sore and tired out. I wonder how long I was asleep. I need to get out of here fast, everyone must be worried.

Soon, I smelled someone coming in. Reeks of medicine, must be the doctor. He had dark brown hair and bright hazel eyes that reminded me of the dangerous man. Come to think of it, he kind of looks like him. They were both handsome, but for some reason, my brain agreed that the dangerous man would still win if they had a handsomeness face-off.

When he saw me observing him, he smiled and waved a hand.

He looks dumb.

He pressed something and the upper part of the bed lifted, making me sit up. I was ready to attack when I felt my bed moving, but I calmed down when I realized that the doctor just wanted me sit up.

"It must be hard moving with those chains, right?" he asks cheerfully as if we were friends.

"Would you like to try?" I opened my mouth to say, but regretted it immediately. My throat was hella dry. He must've noticed that because he asked one of the guards to get me a glass of water.

Hastily, I took the glass from the guard and smelled it. No poison. I drank it all in one go.

"Anyways, I'm Kasen. You should take it easy, you passed out because of exhaustion, dehydration, hunger and overexerting yourself and your powers. Don't you feel bad for your wolf?" he says. I was irritated at his tone, he spoke to me as if we've known each other for a long time.

I looked at him from head to toe, I would win against him.

I showed my wolf so that we both spoke at the same time. "Mind your own business, pack wolf." My wolf even growled before I suppressed her again.

Kasen's eyes widened for a bit, while the two guards behind suddenly had their heads bowed. Kasen looked at me weirdly, turned to the guards and exchanged looks between us.

He thought for a while and sighed. "You've made yourself a name around here, you know. Anyways, Chase and Owen are on their way, I've informed them that you are awake." he said again.

He really looks like that dangerous man. I wondered if they were relatives or anything.

I didn't know who Chase and Owen were, so I just chose to ignore him and looked around the room.