of lunas and warriors

you do not have to fear things that you don't understand

M A D D I E

On our way back to the pack house after dinner with Chase's parents, my thoughts and emotions were everywhere.

I don't know where to start and I was getting really frustrated at myself for it. I was walking faster than Chase and he must've noticed that I wasn't feeling well.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, grabbing my arm to stop me.

It was already getting late and I was already tired. Today was too much, touring the pack with Kasen, going to that shop owned by that girl Lizzie, the dinner with Chase's parents and my realizations. It was too much.

I quickly and harshly shook my arm off of his grab. I hated it most when he touched me. The tingles that echoed through my skin maddened me at my own self.

"Luna? You want me to be this pack's Luna?" I started. When his dad mentioned it earlier, I had a realization and I felt rather dumb that I didn't think of it earlier.

Of course, an Alpha's mate is his Luna.

Chase sighed. "You just realized that now? I thought you were smarter than that." he commented rather sneakily.

"I'm going to say this once again cause it seems like you're not getting me, so get this through your thick scull pack wolf. I don't plan on staying here, I will never become your Luna." Venom was dripping in my words, I needed him to understand that. I'm getting frustrated, I was getting angry.

Although it was dark, I could still see the changes of glint that were in his eyes. He had a sharp look now, a vicious look flared through, one fitting for an Alpha.

"You know, I've been thinking about it. You're scared aren't you?"

I fumed. Me? Scared?

That was an insult to me, an insult to the highest degree.

How dare he say I'm scared?

I scoffed at the incredulity. "Me? Scared? I don't usually brag about it and I hate mentioning it, but let me remind you. I'm called Queen of the Rogues for a reason, it's not a mere title like yours."

It was his turn to scoff at me. It was purely sarcastic and scornful, fuelling my already burning anger.

"Yes, Maddie. You're scared. You're scared of things you don't understand. You're scared of our being mates, our mate bond. You're scared of living in a pack, you're scared at the thought of being secure and living a normal life."

"I'm not scared, I hate it, I hate all of that, I hate all of this. Don't act like you know me and you understand how I act because you clearly don't." I responded.

He is so obnoxious. How dare he assume that I was scared of little things like that? Scared?

My heart was pummelling against my chest, my cheeks were hot with anger. I wanted to lunge at him, to show him what it meant to be scared of me. But all I could do was fist my hands in anger at him.

Chase closed his eyes as if calming himself and walked past me.

"I trust that you know your way to the pack house already, I'm going for a run."

And with that, he left me, making his way to the forest.

As I watched him walk away, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Nonetheless, I made my way towards the pack house.