of initiation and markings

if you were here, would you have been happy too?

(p.s the mark looks like that but the mark is situated at the bottom of their collarbones!)

M A D D I E

Cassian and Megan returned to Caelum a week ago and I have been so busy running around trying to learn all the things that I needed to in order to be the Luna.

In fact, today was finally the day that the rogues would each be recognized and accepted into the pack.

When it was first announced to everyone that they would be integrated, a lot of people were weary and brought their concerns to the Alpha.

Because of the number of people that weren't too open to the idea, a pack meeting was held. We reached to a compromise to present each and every rogue to the pack, to present where their previous pack was and the reason they were banished.

If there was a rogue who would even appear to be suspicious or of a questionable background, they wouldn't be accepted.

Thankfully, when everyone was presented, no one was found suspicious and questionable so they were all to be accepted.

Furthermore, I had also told the pack that I would be taking any responsibility if they ever did something and that seemed to suffice and worked with everyone.

While the younger rogues have been put into some sort of schools, those who were young adults and older adults were trained. The men were trained to be pack borders while the ladies were either in the nursery, the infirmary and other areas of the pack.

All the rogues were lined up now and the whole pack was present in the auditorium and because it's such a big pack, there were people up until outside.

Chase, Owen and I were sitting on a pedestal where you can see everyone, even the rogues that were presently lined up.

Kasen went up to the front where he started to clear his throat.

"Ehem, quiet down everyone now and we will start with the welcoming of our new pack members." Kasen announces and everyone instantly shushes.

I looked towards the rogue and some of them appeared visibly nervous and anxious. That made me smile and chuckle softly. I was more than happy for them.

Some of them hadn't been part of a pack for years, some of them had given up the thought of ever being in one again and so to have a second chance at a pack life was a golden opportunity. What's more is that they could restart as a regular pack wolf and not an Omega.

Come to think of it, this pack didn't even have an Omega. Chase explained to me that it was due to the fact that it was a strong pack and that everyone's lineage was also somewhat strong. And it was rare that someone wouldn't have their wolf at the age of 18.

"Tonight, we have 24 individuals, currently rogues who will become part of our pack. This has never been done before and because they were rogues, serious background checks were to be done in order to verify that they are not heinous criminals.

Each of them were presented to the pack with their history in which none of the pack opposed and so tonight, they will be welcomed to the pack and will be receiving our pack's mark." Kasen took a pause and made a sign towards the rogues.

Slowly, in a single, long line, they walked towards the stage and stood before us.

Owen stood up this time and faced the pack like Kasen.