of happiness and news

beautifully surreal
almost unreal

M A D D I E

Chase and I have been in my pack for the past four days now and I've been learning so many things and meeting so many people.

It was definitely tiring, but it was all so fulfilling and I didn't even feel the time passing by.

It seemed not too long ago when I was still in the forests living my life as a rogue and fighting for my life everyday.

Now I understand why the rogues who have been banished from their packs desperately want to be part of a new pack. It was the stability, it was the safety, it was the happiness.

"So? How is everything?" Cassian asks me as he was walking back to the pack house with Chase and I.

We had just finished eating at our grandparents' house and I didn't know that it was possible to be that full. I felt like they were trying to get back with the many years of being able to feed me.

The thought made me smile and I turned to Cassian.

"Everything is great, thank you." I say. Never would've I ever thought that I'd be repeating the words thank you so many times, but that's all I've been feeling these days. I was genuinely grateful for everything that was happening.

My heart is full and whole. The emptiness and void was now filled with these new people that I've met. Sure, years have been lost, but that doesn't matter much. We had many years ahead.

"So you will stay here?" Cassian says with a tone of fun. Chase stopped and dragged me to him.

"No, Maddie will be going back with me." Chase says almost sounding jealous and even with a frown on his face.

Cassian laughed in hilarity at his reaction and I also couldn't help but laugh a little.

"I guess not, Alpha Chase here objects." Cassian adds. This earns him a headlock from Chase, but Cassian only laughed.

"Go find your mate or something, you must be bored." Chase makes fun of him too.

"Oh, let her be, she's probably living her life." was all Cassian says as he recovers from Chase's physical attack.

That's when I remember that Cassian, out of the four Alphas, was the only one who hasn't found his mate yet. He was controlling a pack like Caelum and yet he was managing on his own.

That was still pretty amazing.

The two were still bantering like an old couple as we were walking back. Owen, Chase and I were set to leave in three days and I already knew that I was going to miss everything in this place.

A thought came into mind as I was looking at the forests.

'Should we go for a run?' I ask my wolf. She yapped happily in my head.

These days, I wasn't the only one who was overjoyed, my wolf who was usually very aggressive was also calmer and more relaxed.

"Cassian, can I go for a run?" I ask my brother which had them stop talking.

"Yeah, why not. I'll have someone prepare changing clothes for you." Cassian answers. Immediately, I see his grey eyes shifting darker and lighter and I knew that he was linking someone.

"Make that two." Chase tells Cassian. I eyed him. "I'm going with you." he says and all I did was sigh.

Cassian, watching the scene must've cringed because he quickly said his goodbyes and left Chase and I, but not before telling us where the changing clothes would be left.