of findings and solutions

why didn't you ever tell me
of your past full of troubles
and i can carry your burden
alleviate it just a little

M A D D I E

After that day when I got back into the pack and having spoke with Chase, everything else happened so fast. Melanie used to always tell me that when you're happy, time seems to pass so fast and I could understand what she was saying now.

However, it wasn't all happy ending. I had found out that there was a problem with the pack and the rogues and how some were still scared of them because they were rogues.

Now that my problem with Chase was over, it was time to sort out all this mess I created and I already knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Of course, when I made a decision to be with Chase, I also had to think of what the fate of the rogues will be and there was some few scenarios.

If I let them go, not only would that break my promise, but I also couldn't expose them to the danger of the rogue forests. If anything were to ever happen to them because of that, I would never forgive myself.

There was also the encampment beside the pack but if they get attacked again, I may not be able to protect them all again. I don't want anyone to share the same fate as Andrew.

Just as I was having a hard time, Chase came up with a solution.

"How about we integrate them into the pack. There's a total of 24 of them right? They're a bit much, but I believe if they're properly presented into the pack, they will be accepted."

I was surprised that Chase had to be the one to come up with the idea and that he was even proposing me.

What kind of Alpha would happily take in 24 rogues all at once?!

"That's crazy." Owen commented who was also with us in the office.

I had to agree with Owen. It was unheard of, but thinking about it, it was the safest and best option there was.

"Will the pack really accept all of them?" I ask, unsure yet happy at the idea at the same time.

Chase leaned on his chair and shrugged.

"Well of course there will always be a stigma around them because their pack mark has already been crossed off, but it might be possible. As we've seen, most of them are of young age, a lot of them can still train to become pack guards, warriors or even healers. As for the older ones, we are in need of help in certain parts of the pack."

My ears perked up. Chase was really serious about his proposition.

"Actually, I can remove the pack mark that's been etched off." I say.

Owen turned to me and looked at me weirdly. "You what?"

I smiled at him. "Yes, one of the reasons they used to call me as Queen of the Rogues was because I could remove the rogue's mark. If you've noticed most of the rogues that stay with me don't have the rogue mark and their pack mark that's been etched off is also gone."

They thought about it for a while and realized that indeed, they didn't have rogue marks nor were their rogue scent strong. In fact, it was very toned down and they mostly retained their unique scent.

"That's that then. We'll have to hold a pack assembly for them and of course, everything will go through the right process. They will all be investigated." Chase paused and looked at me. "However, if there's anyone of them who committed a heinous crime in their previous pack, we'll have no choice but to turn them away."