🏠|Chapter 6|🏠

Jeongguk woke up with Jace next to him, her body heat pressed against his warmly and perfectly.

Jeongguk could not have asked for a better daughter than Jace. Yes, beloved all of his kids, but Jace is especially important to him. He doesn't mean to sound like he picks favorites, but Jace is just much closer with him then any other of the children, even Evan.

Jace has kind of always been like that. She has always been close with her father but also her mama, Jimin. Sure, Jeongguk did leave them and she does remember that, but she has decided to forgive and forget. So here they are now.

The soft snores came softly from the younger as she was like a rock. Jeongguk was partially awake. They didn't have any certain up time today because it was Saturday and their side of the base is a lot different from the other, more controlled side.

Jeongguk rolled and rolled, trying to get comfy, almost crushing Jace at one point. But she didn't budge and kept on sleeping, something she's good at.

•••

Jace was up and at em' all well her father was barely alive, trying to get up the mountain side wasn't as easy as it looked and as Jace proceeds it.

That reminds Jeongguk of something-

"How are the horses?" Jace shrugged, hands on her backpack straps, "good. I-I r-run all th-three o-on a dai-daily basis. I t-tried ju-jum-jumping Storm b-b-but it j-j-just i-i-isn't the s-sam-ame a-a-any-anymore. I m-me-mean, of c-cou-course i-it is-isn't. He's a h-hu-huge h-horse a-an-and Peanut i-is just s-s-so small."

The elder frowned, remembering what happened.

"Is Peanut doing good, through? how's his leg?" Jace chewed on her plumpy bottom lip, "I-I w-wou-would say a-a-alr-lright. I'm t-taking b-ba-baby steps w-with h-im. I'm n-not r-r-riding him o-or a-an-any-anything. I'm g-g-going to w-wait u-un-ntil a y-yea-year b-because I c-c-can't take a-a risk."

Jeongguk nodded, "smart decision."

Only eight months ago was Peanut injured. During a contest that Jace entered, a jumping competition, Peanut and Jace went towards a slightly larger jump and Peanut spooked because another horse spooked and his front legs hit the jump posts and he tripped and they both rolled, Peanut's body crushing Jace's but she was fine and more concerned about her pony more than anything.

I know, it sounds stupid having a pony in a jumping competition, but Peanut is quite talented and has a sense of air and jump. He's well off his feet---pun intended.

"I-I'm j-ju-just gl-glad he's f-f-fine." Jace declared, hands now in her pockets as they walked on. Her father nodded- "how's Thunder?"

Jace gave him a disgusted face, "j-ju-just as s-sn-snippy a-as always." She declared, disgusted in her tone. Jeongguk laughed and smiled,

"I love you."