🏠|Chapter 33|🏠

Jace groaned when she shut her locker and then realised she needed her math notebook, which was very much still in her locker.

"Oh my gawd I swear-" Saki groaned, her chocolate eyes rolling. She knew Jace was forgetful but when you are on your way to math who forgets their math notebook?

Jace sighed and popped in the combination again, the giant letters in red popping up saying "Incorrect" Jace made a mental note to kick the hell out of this locker later because damn.

This is the 23rd time this week-

-and it's only Tuesday.

"Can't you just write it down on paper?" the younger looked at Saki, "a-an-and fo-forget th-th-that t-too?" Saki grumbled but giggled and looked around, making sure Kandy and Umi weren't around.

They don't need that on top of this.

"You looking for them?" Lujan asked, his eyes twinkling. Jace shrugged and leaned back, "n-no, she---she's look-looking f-f-for h-her c-cr-crush... o-oh look he's h-h-here."

Saki gasped and threw a hand over her mouth and ran down the hall and the two others looked at each other and shrugged and laughed.

Of course Saki would make a mad dash out.

•••

Oh,
Of course,
Of freaking course.

Here Kandy stands, in front of Jace with a bottle of sticky orange juice in hand, definitely ready to dump all over the taller girl.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." Kandy snipped, her voice sounding like one of those cartoon mice with the high pitched whiny tone and like that ugly screech a car lets off---you get it.

Jace looked up, her lips in a small tinted line as she blinked, eyelashes batting, "what?" Jace managed to ask, no stutter at all---that's a plus for her right now. She doesn't even care if this orange juice is thrown on her.

"I asked if you were the dweeb who left the paper in my desk-" "what---what d-d-desk?" Kandy rolled her eyes and smirked, leaning forward, "d-d-did I-I s-s-stutter- ah?" the younger stuck her tongue in her cheek, a habit she caught from her father.

Jace stared at Kandy, an unamused look clouding her eyes, "no, gu- guess not." Jace is doing everything in her power to not stutter but knew she would have to eventually because her speech isn't perfect.

"Then why do you?" Jace shrugged, "it-it is a d-dis-disorder." There it goes again, but Jace isn't ashamed.

Kandy snickered, "oh is it? is it from being born from a male? something that should be impossible but you father---mother found a way to make it work?" Jace opened her mouth to respond but Kandy kept on.

"He just couldn't keep his legs shut, right?" that was it.

It happened quicker then anybody expected it but without another blur or moment, Kandy was on the floor and holding herself, calling Jace a freak, monster, brat, rat, whatever came to her mind.