🏠|Chapter 7|🏠

Jace set everything up and pressed answer as soon as her mama called.

"hey baby!"

Jace grinned, "h-h-hey mama! h-ho-how's i-it g-g-going?"

Jimin dramatically signed out and laughed, "quite good, actually. Evan is being a pain, though. She says you were the lucky one; which you were haha. Anyways. How are you two?"

The younger pressed her lips together, "f-fi-fine. Papa's b-bu-busy ou-out-outside." Jimin nodded, "doing what?"

Jace shrugged and leaned over- "papa! w-wh-what are y-yo-you b-busy do-doing?" Jeongguk grumbled in the background and Jimin giggled. He should've been angry at Jeongguk for laughing and Jace for trying to save his ass, but he wasn't. He found it quite cute.

"hey Jimin," Jeongguk situated himself in front of the laptop and gave his lover a bunny smile- "how're you, love?"

Jimin grinned and his eyes went like crescents- "hi Gukkie, and I'm fine. We're all fine, actually. Evan and Seo-yeon miss you dearly," Jeongguk poked out his bottom lip in a pout. "I miss you all, too..."

The video call went on and so and Jace peeked out the dorms window and watched as troops stormed through, snapping at random others outside as they were just doing what they needed to do.

These troops looked much different from her fathers side of troops. They were snappy, rude, and much much uglier.

"Uh- papa," Jace tapped her fathers shoulder and he looked at what she was nodding to and cut the video call short, telling Jimin he loved him and the others and hung up, slamming the laptop top shut.

Jeongguk pulled Jace from the window and slapped a hand over her mouth when she gasped in surprise at her fathers roughness.

Jace went to scold her father but realised why he did this as one troop stormed a poor groups dorm and started yanking them out and beating the tar out of them. Jace pressed against her fathers embrace and tried to hide as much as possible.

"P-papa-" she stuttered out, terrified.

Jeongguk held her against his chest. He completely forgot about them. They do this on a monthly basis. One unlucky dorm gets picked---sometimes two or three, and get the hell beat out of them for only god knows why.

The male just prays to god that today's his lucky day and it isn't their dorm.

The elder held his daughters hand tightly and squeezed, "shh Jace... It'll be over soon," he reassured, covering her eyes with his other hand but knew it didn't help because he let go of her with that arm.

Jeongguk went back to holding her and regretted it but shielded her from the sight. She's ten for gods sake.

Soon it was over and the day went back to normal.