🏠|Chapter 42|🏠

Ray looked at Jace and smiled, "you excited about this new baby?"

The other nodded quickly, "o-o-of c-cour-course I a-am! I a-alw-always d-dre-dreaded h-hav-havi-having to wait f-f-for my b-b-baby b-bro-brot-brothers a-ari-rrival." The elder pursed her lips and nodded before speaking- "I would dread having another sister. I barely survived one."

Jace giggled, "I c-can s-see th-that."

Ray hummed and grinned, watching the other female closely before she went on- "I'm not excited for school again. My teachers hated me last year." Jace looked over, "o-oh? I d-di-didn't th-thin-think so. Th-they h-ha-hated me th-thoug-though."

The older female shrugged, "maybe... I know they didn't appreciate that one incident." Jace grinned, "t-the one wi-with Kandy?" Ray hummed, "yep, that one." Jace giggled again, "y-yeah I kn-know."

The two laughed about it, remembering the story and the outbreak of it. And also thinking about the result of it.

Well, Kandy never messed with Jace after that.

••••

"He-hey mama! I-I'm home!"

Jace called out, throwing her sleepover bag aside and walked up the stairs. Jimin looked at her and nodded, "hey baby. What are you up to?" Jace shrugged, "n-not-nothing. Ab-about t-to g-g-go a-ask Evan if sh-she wan-wants t-to play f-f-football."

The elder nodded, "ah, alright. Well, I'm just with the baby. You need me holler." Jace nodded quickly and tore up the stairs and bursted into Evans room. The female screamed and threw a hand over her heart- "DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO KNOCK!?"

The other shrugged, "y-yes but wh-wher-where is th-the f-fun in th-that?"

Evan rolled her eyes but looked back at her older sister, her arms now folded- "what do you want?"

Jace smirked, "I b-bou-bought a n-new f-foo-football. W-wan-wanna g-go play?"

The other bounced up quickly and nodded. Jace declared she would meet her outside and Evan grabbed all that was needed and chased after her. Jace met her younger sister outside in the field.

Also, to explain, they have a huge backyard sense they quite literally live in the middle of nowhere. It is just a huge property with a mansion that Jeongguk had boughten them a long time ago---when Jace was just a little one. Maybe four - five.

"A-alri-alright Evan. G-g-go out."

The younger nodded quickly and ran to the back of the field and threw he hands up. The two usually toss the ball back and forth as Evan doesn't quite understand the whole meaning behind football and doesn't always understand the instructions but it is fine. Jace doesn't mind doing this.

The two have been doing this for about an hour and a half before Jace's phone rang and she grabbed it and answered-

"hello?"

She played around with the football in her hands as she listened to the other person talk- "oh? ye-yeah of c-cour-course. T-th-that s-sou-sounds fine. T-talk t-to you s-soon. B-bye!" Jace closed her phone and put it back in her pocket before looking up-

"W-we can pl-play f-for five m-m-more min-minu-minutes."

Evan tilted her head, looking confused, "why?"

Jace shrugged, "a-au-aunt Yoongi and u-unc-uncle Hobi are c-co-comi-coming over. T-th-they're b-b-bri-bringing Peppermint." Evan nodded, "alright. Throw the ball!" Jace chuckled and did so, the other catching it quickly and easily.

They played for 5 more minutes and then they heard Jimin-

"Girls come in!"

The two did and Peppermint instantly ran up to them and leaped into Jace's arms.

Jace giggled and hugged her back, "I missed you!" Peppermint squealed and giggled.

(A/N: I BELIEVE Peppermint is the quadruplets age. If not, correct me if u wanna but I believe she is the quadruplets age.)

The elder placed her back on the door and breathed out softly and then looked up and got hugged by her uncle, Hoseok, instantly.

"I missed you kiddo," he chimed, his eyes sparkling and Jace giggled, "I m-m-missed you t-too."

Hoseok ruffled her hair and she grinned then turned and dashed over to her other uncle and hugged him tightly. Yoongi hugged back, "hey there," he felt her tighten the hug and laughed- "why so tight?"

The younger shrugged, "b-be-because why n-not?" "Fair enough," the elder replied and Jace released the hug and turned again, seeing her mama walk into the room with a plate of cookies and he sat them down on the coffee table- "feel free to nom on any of these and as many as possible because I'm baking and these are just my first batch."

Yoongi took one and softly nibbled on it for absolutely no reason but Hoseok on the other hand devoured one. It made the others laugh, and Hoseok purposely did it for that reason.

Soon enough though, someone turned the tv on and everyone crowded into the house to watch whatever movie they decided on and all curled up.

It was just one big happy family.