2.

"Roscoe's surgery went very well he is stabled at the moment. Honestly, the surgery went better than we all expected. We were able to locate and repair all the bullet wounds. But during surgery Roscoe body shut off to heal itself. Which mean he is in a coma but right now but we are expecting him to wake in the next 72 hours." Dr. Richard who performed Roscoe's surgery informed David.

"Thank you so much." David exhaled a breath of relief. He picked up his phone to inform Rose who he knew was preparing for the worse.

"You can follow me to see him," The doctor smiled friendly. David agreed, he rolled after him to the back of the hospital room.

David heart went out for Roscoe who had all wires all attached to his unconscious body. The sound of his heart beating normally was magic to David's ear.

"That's my boy!" David exclaimed patting Roscoe's hand in excitement.

Rose was on her way back to the hospital when David called her to inform her Roscoe's update.

"Dad, are you serious?" Rose asked with joyful tears coming down her cheeks.

"Yes, baby girl. Roscoe is okay," He smiled hearing her sigh in relief.

"We're on our way back to the hospital. Do you want anything else to eat?" she asked sounding like her normal self again. She was feeling so much better after hearing that Roscoe would be fine.

"Yeah, you know what I like."

Rose chuckled, "Okay, we'll be there soon." Rose said, ending the call with her father.

"My dad said that Roscoe is stable right now but is in a coma which he would be waking up from in three days," Rose announced causing Hakeem to smile at the news.

"That's the best news I heard all fucking day.." He said pulling up at McDonalds which Rose was craving at the moment.

"Right, that's great." Kiara agreed. She was still in shock that she was going to have to bury one of her close friends soon. She haven't told Rose about the death of Ryan yet. She felt like Rose had enough on her plate at the moment. Rose was carrying a baby and Kiara didn't want to stress her out.

"... and two large mango pineapple smoothies," Rose said finishing up her and David's order. Hakeem drove up to the next window and paid for everyone's meals.

"How's Diamond and your grandmother?" Rose ask trying to escape her reality for a few moments.

"They're good right now. Diamond is growing by the day.. my grandma keep feeding her ass damn biscuits," he chuckled causing a smile to appear on both Kiara and Rose face.

"Awww.. I love it. Now that I'm pregnant I want a cute chunky baby boy," Rose smiled, rubbing her flat belly.

"You have Roscoe's genes floating in your ass so there's a huge damn chance yo baby gone come out chunky," Hakeem joked causing Rose and Kiara to laugh.

"Hopefully! My baby would be bless cause my baby daddy is chunky in all the right places," Rose comment sticking out her tongue. Hakeem face twisted in disgust before he laughed at her comment.

"Ayeeee! Period bitch," Kiara burst out into laughter at her silly friend.

"Y'all nasty." Hakeem laughed, shaking his head at the girls.

——

Rose handed David the food then went over to Roscoe's side to see him. Her hand cupped his, she lifted her watery eyes up to his closed ones. The fact he risked his life for her was huge to her. Because of his action, she knew the love he had for her ran deeper than she would've ever thought.