8.

"Rose was sitting on the couch and Roscoe was on sitting on the floor between her legs. Rose was retwisting his dreadlocks for him while he was rolling himself up a nice blunt.

"Ross, your hair is almost at your waist," Rose informed him as she felt down his dreadlock.

"That's why it's starting to feel heavy. I'm thinking about cutting it a few inches," He said, lighting the end of his blunt.

"Not too short though, I like it with some length," She told him. He nodded taking a long pull from the blunt. A comfortable silence fell on the couple.

"Oh, I forgot! Pastor Maxwell told me to call him once you were awake," Rose finally remembered.

"You a whole month late," Roscoe chuckled with a cough soon after.

"Better late than never right?" She asked handing him her phone. "Give him a call," She instructed focusing back on his hair.

"What's the password?" He asked forgetting. She had the password to his phone and vice versa but he never felt the need to go through her phone. Rose on the other end, stayed on his phone. It wasn't because she didn't trust it was because she didn't trust them hoes on his Instagram.

"Your birthday," She reminded him. He typed in the password and unlocked the phone. He went to the contacts and found Maxwell's contact. He clicked on the name and placed the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" Maxwell voice echoed out the phone.

"Wassup, Rose told me to call you."

"Roscoe!" Maxwell exclaimed excitedly, he was happy that Roscoe was awake and well. Rose smiled, hearing the two men hold a conversation.

"Yeah, you can come by for dinner," Roscoe responded, feeling the high he was looking for.

"Alright, I'll see y'all then." They said their goodbyes then ended the call. 

"You cooking dinner?" Rose asked since he decided to have guest come over.

"Nah, you is," He laughed. She rolled her eyes but didn't object. She didn't mind cooking dinner for him or his guest.

"And what do I get?" She asked oiling his scalp when she was finished.

"What you want?" He asked as she got up to put away the items.

"For starters, I will like a hot bubble bath, a foot massage, some flowers, and a gift of appreciation. Nothing to crazy." He flicked his low eyes up at her and nodded.

"I got you," He promised.

"Alright, I'm going to go freshen up then hit up the grocery store."

"The money for the food is upstairs in my wallet," He said, looking at her ass when she walked away. He couldn't wait until he was healed so he could please his woman. He missed her and he knew her freaky ass missed him.

____

Roscoe was surprised when he saw his mother enter the house along with Maxwell. She looked very good from the last time he saw her. He could tell she was clean from the natural vibrant glow she gave off.

"You had me so worried," She cried, wrapping her arms around his torso with her resting on his chest. Roscoe groaned lowly from the impact but pushed pass the uncomfortable pressure coming from his wounds.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her ignoring the little pain he was in.

"Umm," Rose begun to remind Diane that he was still healing but he noticed and shook his head no. He needed this moment with his mom— they both needed it.