4.

"Rosey..."

"Mhmm?" She questioned with her eyes still closed. Rose was a light sleeper but it tool a while for her to wake. She cuddled closer to Roscoe's warm body melting her face against his chest. She was so comfortable and relaxed, she didn't realize Roscoe had woke up.

"Rosey.." he repeated in a hoarse voice. Rose eyes peeled open hearing someone call her nickname again. She looked around the dimmed light room wondering if it was David calling her name. Her eyes landed on her father and Diane who was fast asleep. She thought she was dreaming about Roscoe again.

She closed her eyes once again, "Rosey.." he repeated again a little louder. Rose froze hearing Roscoe's voice for the first time over a week. She lifted her head up to Roscoe, she noticed his eyes were still closed.

"Baby?" She asked, watching his eyes slowly open. Her heart skipped three beats, she couldn't control her excitement.

"Oh my God!" She cried, wrapping her arms around him, she placed a long kiss on his lips which he returned.

"You scared me," She cried with tears gliding down her cheek as she rested her head in his neck. He chuckled, rubbing his hand against her lower back.

"I'm so glad you're okay," He mumbled tiredly looking down at her as she placed another kiss on his cheek.

She smiled, "I'm so glad you're okay. You had me so worried.. I'm going to go get a nurse," She said, getting ready to get off the bed but he stopped her.

"Not yet.. just let me hold you." He said, wanting her in his arms forever. He felt soreness on his abdomen which where his wounds were located. Honestly, Roscoe was so relieved that he made it through. The day he got shot, he knew for a fact his life was over, but somehow he woke up to the woman of his dreams in his arms.

Rose laid back in her previous  spot, Roscoe slowly wrapped his right arm around Rose. She laid her head on his chest with her arm across him. He leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead. The couple sat in silence enjoying the precious moment with one another. They both were feeling extremely grateful to have each other once again.

****

"Everything is looking great, Roscoe. You're extremely lucky." His doctor noted wrapping up his abdomen again after cleaning them.

"I know," he mumbled looking over at Rose who have been staring at him in awe for the past two hours. He smiled at her causing her cheeks to warm up. He chuckled, watching her shyly cover her red face.

"Alright, so we're going to keep him for a few more days to make sure you're completely fine." The doctor informed Roscoe.

He nodded.

"If you need anything push that button and we'll be on our way," She informed him.

"Thank you for everything."

"No problem, it was nice to finally meet you." She smiled, shaking his hand, he gave her a genuine smile.

"You have a gem right there. She haven't left your side since you've been here." The doctor smiled looking over at Rose then back at Roscoe.

He lifted his eyes to Rose, "That's my Queen.. she's the reason I'm here now," He replied receiving a emotional expression on Rose face. He chuckled knowing she was going to cry because of the compliment. She was an emotional wreck since Roscoe woke up.

"Wow, I wish you both good luck! It looks like the love is real.. that's something you don't see so often anymore." The doctor replied receiving an "Amen" from David.