6.

Rose stepped closer to him so he could tell her what he needed to tell her.

"What's up?" She asked standing next to his tall frame. She watched as he chest heaved up and down as he got his thoughts together.

He rubbed his large hand down his trimmed chin.

"You're making me nervous now," Rose chuckled not liking the way he was acting. She never seen him so speechless before. He turned to face her but quickly looked away. He couldn't look her in the face and tell him about his infidelity.

"You know how I told you about the sexual abuse I experimented when I was younger?" He questioned.

"Yes," She answered remembering the first time they had sex he told her a little bit about it.

"I never told you she was my boss when I worked the streets," He started. "You know I've been trying to get out the gang, so I can have a normal safe life. Before I could that I had to get permission from her. If she grants you permission you have to do her a favor. My favor was to sleep with her," He confess. Rose took in all the information that he was spilling on her.

"You slept with her?" Rose questioned putting the pieces together. The woman who approached her at the hospital was the woman Roscoe was talking about.

"I had to in order to get out." Rose tried to understand but she was still hurt. Knowing someone else had such a passionate and spiritual experience with Roscoe bothered her a lot.

"Did you think about how that would hurt me?" She asked fighting back the tears in her chest.

Roscoe shifted his eyes to her, "The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you, Rose. I thought my freedom was more important than the sex I had with her," he explained.

Rose looked down at her Nike slides, "When did this happen?"

He sighed trying to remember, "The time Hakeem and I went out of town."

She lifted her watery eyes to him again, "The time I couldn't reach you and you said your phone died? And that you slept over Hakeem's?" She asked remembering the exact day he was referring to.

"Yes."

He watched as she turned her back to him to cry. She didn't want to cry in front of him but the betrayal she feeling was making it hard for her.

"Baby," He touched her shoulder but she jerked away from him so he couldn't touch her.

"Don't touch me," She spoke turning around to face him. "You told me you would never hurt me. After everything we been through... Nia and Jalen. I never thought you would do this to me," She was heartbroken.

"It wasn't like that," He shook his head.

"I get it Roscoe I do but there was other options. You didn't have to fuck her."

"There was no other options. If there were I would've never done it. I love you, Rose," She shook her head at his words.

"You know she pregnant right? When you were in the hospital she came up there and told me about the two of you. And I didn't believe her because I thought you were faithful."

"The baby is not mine. I was completely safe." She wanted to believe him but she couldn't because the facts were there. There was a chance that Roscoe was the father because he fucked the woman.

"I'm apologize for lying and not telling you sooner. I'm sorry for  all of this," He apologized sincerely.

"I need some space to process this," She mumbled before walking by him to go in the house. He didn't stop her. He said his peace it was up to her to either forgive him or forget him.