υndenιaвle (t x c)

undeniable

traves x cooper (romantic, fluff, angst)

high school au

since that fateful day, everything had changed for cooper. his thoughts, and his feelings had been spinning in his head endlessly, like he was watching a washing machine spin on and on, yet slowly, it was tearing him apart.

travis had filled the hole in his heart, simultaneously making him more empty than before.

ever since the beginning of the year, cooper had been spiraling into despair. he wanted to just watch as his life crumbled before him, losing his friends, getting revenge on his enemies. he didn't want to talk to anyone.

except for one boy.

travis was an enigma, he often joked. but he truly was, just not in the way others saw him. to most people, travis was funny, and his brain worked like a drunk, depressed 5 year old's. to cooper, travis was a ray of sunshine, bringing him joy whenever he was in eye line of him. without that sun, cooper was a flower, wilting in the dark, cold shade.

everyone knew how the popular skater and jock had quit the football team, and how his grades had plummeted within a month, but no one knew why. no one but himself.

ever since cooper laid eyes on travis, he knew he was gay. 

that was a problem.

in high school, coming out as gay either made you overly loved and worshiped by everyone, or hated, bullied and beat up. either way, cooper would be back in that spotlight he tried so hard to avoid. and from his school's track record of lgbt youth moving to the other side of the country, he knew it wouldn't go well.

today was a bad day.

cooper was sitting in class, minding his own business, looking out the window. it was a clear, cloudless, day, and cooper gazed at the trees lining the parking lot. there was something oddly tranquil, oddly beautiful about them. those dark green leaves lining those thin brown branches. they looked like curly, messy, dark clouds.

curly and messy, like travis' adorable hair.

he couldn't get travis out of his mind. at some point, when you fall in love, everything starts to look like that one person you can't keep your eyes off. but cooper's heart started to ring.

the pounding in his chest simply grew stronger and stronger. his breathing grew quicker and quicker. beads of sweat rolled down his face, onto his dark blue jeans. "i'm dying", he thought, over and over and over.

"miss may i go to the bathroom?" cooper stuttered, shocked by how shaky his voice was, and how weak his arm felt. 

before the teacher could barely say yes, cooper brisk walked out of the classroom, keeping his head down and hood over his eyes, making sure no one could see the tears he was keeping inside.

little did he know, travis saw the whole thing unfold from start to finish.

he saw as cooper stared wistfully at the trees. he saw as his cheeks flushed red. he saw as his hands began to shake and turn moist. he saw the tears in his eyes as he left the room.

travis shot his hand in the air.

"miss may i go to the bathroom as well?" he stated clearly.

as the teacher nodded her head in approval, travis ran through the deserted hallways, into the boys' bathroom.

cooper was shaking, splashing water on his already damp face, hugging his arms to his chest, breathing heavily.

"coopie?"

there it was. that one word that made cooper melt. his heart felt warm, and so were the arms that hugged him from behind. travis' hands felt soft on cooper's chest, and as he gripped them tightly, he felt like he would never let go.

the paranoia came back.

"t-travis,"

the word felt like ice on his teeth, numbing and cool, yet sharp and piercing.

"it's okay cooper, i'm here, calm down," travis muttered into cooper's ears.

As his legs started shaking, cooper released from travis's arms, and sunk to the floor, back against the wall. In his blurry, red eyes, he saw travis sit down next to him, and as he put his head on travis' soft hoodie, he thought, "one day, one day i'll tell him."

that's the first story :) i hope you guys like it! 

if you guys have any suggestions leave them down in the comments, it's greatly appreciated.

-cooper

lυncн & ғrιendѕ oneѕнoтѕOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara