cσlσurѕ pt.2

colours part 2

t/w kissing

travis x cooper (romantic, angst, fluff)

cooper just found out who his soulmate is, after months of denial

Cooper ran.

He ran as if his life depended on it.

Because, maybe it did.

He was done for. He was gay. He was gay for the most hated boy in school. Not only that, he was his soulmate. 

Cooper turned and ran into the janitor's closet, shutting the door forcefully behind him. It was dark, but even though there was a light switch, he felt safer in the dark, knowing there were no eyes surrounding him.

He was a mess of emotions. Guilt, pain, regret, even bliss. He was so happy, he could finally see colours, but the first thing he saw was Travis' sweet, blush face. It made him feel like he had never felt before, like he was in some cheesy rom-com, standing in a valley with flowers all around.

But why, oh why, did it have to be Travis?

Travis, the boy he'd tormented since the beginning of high school. Travis, the boy who he'd bullied for being attracted to boys. Travis, the boy who made him realise he was attracted to them too. Travis, the boy he bullied because he couldn't accept his feelings.

Travis.

The boy who was his soulmate.

The boy who brought his life into technicolor.

Cooper had felt this overwhelming guilt for months on end, but this made it so much worse. He'd harmed his soulmate, his one and only, his destiny, for something which he was guilty of as well, something which they both had no choice in. That sense of immense pain and regret was bottled up in him for so long, and now he felt like he was going to throw it all up.

As Cooper sunk to the floor next to the mops and brooms, he let the tears stream out of his eyes. He couldn't keep it in. He couldn't keep anything in.

He'd let down the whole team. They were going to torment him for the rest of his high school years if they found out he was gay, and that his soulmate was Travis. All he could do was wait, hiding in that closet.

And he stayed there, in silence, crying, for what felt like hours, but it probably only lasted a few minutes. 

Oddly enough, he felt calm. There was some sad peace to sitting alone in the dark, crying. But his peace was soon interrupted by another boy with tears running down his face.

"Cooper?"

That voice made Cooper freeze up.

"What do you want." Cooper spat, surprised by how shaky his voice was.

Travis closed the door, and sat down next to his soulmate.

"I, uh, I just come here to cry sometimes. You know, when you guys bully me."

That broke Cooper.

Travis had never seen Cooper like this. His previously shining eyes now glimmered with wet tears, and were red from crying. The ends of his hair were soaked in his tears, the rest frizzy and messed up. And he was sobbing. It tugged at Travis' heartstrings just to look at him.

They sat in silence for a while, until Cooper's tears started to clear up, and he was able to mutter out some words.

"I- I'm sorry. For everything I've done to you." Cooper choked out, barely able to speak.

"I- I just-" Cooper stammered, before breaking out in tears all over again.

"Hey, it's ok Cooper. I forgive you." Travis whispered under his breath.

As Cooper rubbed the tears out of his eyes, he turned to face Travis. The teardrops on his face looked fake, like when actors cry in movies. His cheeks were red, even more than before, making his look adorable.

They stared at each other for a few seconds, before leaning in and letting their lips touch.

It was only a peck, but it was like it made the colours even more vibrant.

And they kissed again, this time for much longer.

Travis felt Cooper's soft lips form into a smile, and after their lips parted, Cooper laid his head onto Travis chest, and they both stayed there for the rest of the school day, talking about colours.

i wrote this after a panic attack so excuse all the angst haha

i saw your comments on leaving you on a cliffhanger so here you go, i hope you guys are satisfied with this ending

i sure am :)

-cooper