crιмѕon peтalѕ (c x s)

crimson petals
connor x schlatt (romantic, angst)
connor falls ill with a strange disease, schlatt worries about him

Connor stood over the sink, hands bloodied. The water in the drain was slowly swirling down, diluted by the same crimson liquid that stained his shirt and face.

This wasn't normal for Connor. This wasn't normal at all.

Connor wiped the blood off of his face with his fist, but he felt a strange texture. He used his fingers to pluck that object off his face and held it out in front of his eyes. He could barely see it with his hazy vision, but he could make out the shape of a petal, stained by the blood that came from his mouth.

No.

No, no, no.

He couldn't have hanahaki disease. He wasn't in love.

Or was he?

The last few months had been some of the best in his life. But the last few days with Schlatt, they were something else.

They'd decided to get back into streaming together, playing games ranging from minecraft to pokemon, and even after the streams were over, they would talk for hours on end, just being themselves.

Schlatt was one of the people who Connor could truly be himself around.

But Connor wasn't gay.

He definitely wasn't.

Okay, maybe he was.

I mean, why else would his heart flutter at the sound of Schlatt's voice, and why else would his face heat up when Schlatt turned on his face cam just for Connor to see?

Thinking about Schlatt made his stomach churn. It wasn't that he felt bad about anything, in fact, it was quite the opposite. Connor loved being around Schlatt. But there was just something in his stomach, fighting to get out.

Connor gripped the rim of his sink tightly, his knuckles reddening under the stress. As he leaned over the tap, he knew he had to something. He couldn't live like this.

Connor wasn't one to make himself suffer because f some stupid crush. He knew what was best for him, and even though he accepted that he was head over heels for Schlatt, he wasn't going to sit in silence, suffering and throwing up bloodied petals until he dies.

After cleaning up the bathroom as much as he could, and changing out of his blood-stained sweater, Connor headed over to his computer and did some research.

Despite the gory descriptions, and the churning in guts, which would eventually develop into a plant, ripping himself apart from the inside, Connor was able to stay fairly alright while doing his research on this ailment.

Hanahaki Disease is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies.

Dies.

Connor didn't want to die. He was young, he had his whole life ahead of him.

His previously overwhelmingly confident self started to sink back into that swirling pool of darkness. 

Schlatt won't like you back. He would never like you back. You're gay. You're strange. 

You're weak.

Schlatt was worried about Connor. 

It had been a few days since they'd last spoken, which was very concerning considering they'd been chatting on discord nearly every day for the past few months.

The fans didn't notice much. Even after coming back from hiatus, Schlatt streamed fairly little, with Connor in most streams. Although Connor hadn't tweeted, or Streamed, or made a Video, Schlatt seemed to be the only one who cared.

Maybe that was because of those strange feelings he'd been having lately.

That feeling of wanting to pull Connor close to him and just lay there.

That feeling of wanting to be with Connor all the time.

That feeling Schlatt had never felt before.

And he didn't know what it was.

Schlatt sat at his desk, discord open as he scrolled through the random apps and messages on his phone.

His phone was a litter of one-sided messages, and you could see the progression from saying hello to Connor to full-on panic. And Schlatt couldn't take it anymore.

He understood that Connor was probably going through something, but this worry had been gripping Schlatt, pulling him towards that 'call' button on discord.

Schlatt saw that Connor was online, and didn't hesitate to call him.

"Connor?"

Schlatt saw Connor's face looking into the webcam, but it barely looked like him. His face was pale, nearly ghostly. His eyes had dark circles under them, and he just generally looked like shit.

"Connor, I've been so worried about you," Schlatt said with a tone of exasperation.

Connor could see the fear in Schlatt's eyes. It tore him apart more than those roots planted in his lungs. 

"Schlatt, I, uh, I have something to tell you."

Connor's eyes started to glimmer with tears, causing Schlatt's own to tear up too.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Schlatt muttered, his voice soothing and calm, unlike that typical overly exaggerated bit. His lips were upturned, smiling gently, and the crinkles by his eyes simply accentuated his kind features.

It pushed Connor to blurt out something he didn't expect to say.

"I love you."

Schlatt's eyes widened in shock. But something sparked in him. All the dots seemed to connect, his feelings, his emotions, his desires.

"I love you too."

Seemingly instant, the scratching feeling in Connor's throat subsided, and that pain is his chest faded away into bliss. 

The flowers were already blooming before, but now they were blooming in a good way.

don't think this was that good, it felt pretty rushed, but i hope you like it

i have a week off school so expect more updates in the next week or so

thank you @Southpark1223 for the request :0

- cooper