тнe ѕnιғғleѕ (traves)

the sniffles

traves, cooper, noah, carson (platonic, fluff)

traves gets sick and his roommates care about him too much.

Travis woke up and shot out of bed, immediately crashing back down into his fluffy pillows. He groaned silently. His head was spinning, and his brain felt like it had expanded, and was pressing against his skull. His throat felt raspy, like sandpaper, and his entire body felt like he'd been lying in the sun for hours, even though it was winter.

Travis stared at the ceiling, and grasped aimlessly at the bottle of water he knew was on his bedside table. He felt the cold plastic against his hands, and immediately heard the sound of hard plastic hitting the floor, and water sloshing around inside it.

It was louder than he thought, and even that simple sound caused his ears to ring and his head to throb even more.

"Travis? What was that noise?"

Cooper stuck his head through the door, and saw Travis in that weak, helpless state. Travis' face was red. More than usual. His nose was dark crimson, and his usually bright eyes were now swollen and teary. 

"Travis, are you sick?" Cooper asked, his voice in a hushed tone. He picked up Travis' bottle and placed it back on his bedside table. He looked over at his roommate, who pulled his blanket up to his nose.

"No," The muffled noise of Travis' soft voice traveled through his thick sheets.

"Yeah right you're not sick. Just look at you, you're as red as a goddamn tomato Travis." Cooper said. 

"How bad is it? Can you sit up?"

He watched as Travis nodded, and made a pitiful attempt at lifting his body up, only to flop back onto the bed like a dead fish. 

"I'm fine," Travis said in his usual tone, eyes wide open.

Cooper giggled at how "Travis brain" this moment was. "I'm gonna go and get a thermometer okay? Stay right there trav."

Travis' eyes followed Cooper as he walked out of the room, shutting the door silently. He reached for the bottle again, this time grabbing hold of it and bringing it to his face. He pushed his body up slowly, as he attempted to do before to no avail, but this time he was able to lean against the head of his bed, despite the constant pain in his skull. 

He unscrewed the cap of his bottle, and drank the water. It felt so refreshing, the cool liquid going down his throat, but that sensation was over as soon as it began, and his face was as hot as before.

Cooper walked in just in time to see Travis doing something very fitting to his personality.

"Bleh," Travis stuck his tongue out of his mouth. The aftertaste of the water was somehow bitter.

"Hey Travis, open wide," Cooper said, holding the thermometer in front of Travis' red face.

"Ahhh," Travis opened his mouth, and shut it on the thermometer.

They stood there awkwardly for a few seconds, until they heard the all too familiar beeping noise coming from the thermometer.

Cooper grabbed it out of Travis' lips slowly, and observed the numbers on the digital screen.

"Yup, you've got a fever all right. Now get back to bed and get some rest. I'm pretty sure you slept at 3 in the morning." Cooper said sternly.

"Okay," Travis muttered, sliding back into his covers.