nιgнтмareѕ (schlatt & co)

nightmares 

schlatt & co, mostly dadschlatt (angst, fluff, entirely platonic you map creeps)

ty has a nightmare (slightly inspired my ty's fnaf stream/vid)

Ty ran as fast as his legs could take him, down the dimly lit halls of the basement. he held his torch shakily, his moist hand barely gripping on to it. 

The light hung to the ceiling by a thread, flickering as the boy ran under it, fearful of what was behind him.

But what was behind him? He didn't know.

Maybe it was just a big rat or something. 

And why was he in the basement? 

He didn't know either.

As he ran down the halls, gripping his torch as tight as he possibly could, he whispered to himself a few words, over and over again.

"There's someone in the house."

Ty turned a corner, desperately searching for the staircase so he could get the hell out of this basement, only to be met by a dark, looming wall. he turned around in an attempt to leave, but was met with the large shadowy figure which had been chasing him, as he backed away into the corner, he kept saying those words, slowly starting to scream for help as the creature got closer.

"Help! There's someone in the-"

Ty shot out of bed, nearly falling off of the twin-size mattress.

He brought his hands up to his face, pushing back his hair, only to realise how sweaty his forehead was. 

He blindly reached for his bedside table, grabbing his phone to check the time. It was 2 in the morning, much too early for the boy to get up. Yet he definitely couldn't go back to bed.

He'd been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a week, getting more vivid each time. Now, it was lifelike, and it felt like he'd been running away from that creature for years.

Ty placed his phone back on the bedside table, unsure of what to do now that he was awake. He sat in silence for a while, curled up in bed, before deciding to go and get some snacks from the kitchen. He stepped out of the room in his pink pyjamas, careful to not make a noise as he closed the door, and walked through the hallway, which seemed unfortunately similar to that in his dream.

He didn't realise until now, but he was shaking. As he stepped towards the kitchen, his legs felt numb, like he could fall over at any second. His fear was interrupted by light seeping into the hallway from one of the other bedrooms in the apartment. 

Ty's living situation was strange. He lived with his boss and his associate, which was odd, to say the least, but seeing as he was an intern in their startup, they saw it fit that he lived with them.

The light came from the slightly open door of Connor's room. Ty peeked in and saw Connor sitting on his bed with his Nintendo switch hooked up to a monitor, probably playing animal crossing. 

The older noticed his intern peaking into his room and was slightly startled by him.

"Ty! What are you doing awake, you're young you need your rest," said Connor, getting off his bed to approach the boy.

"You're only a few years older than me," Ty replied softly, yawning into his elbow.

"I'm still an adult Ty. And what're you doing up? Another nightmare?" Asked the older, holding the door open.

Ty nodded his head gently, and not wanting to bother the man any longer, quickly said, "I'll be fine, I'm just gonna grab a snack."

Connor smiled gently at his intern, his heart warm with compassion for the kid, and said, "I'll be here if you need me Ty," before patting him on the shoulder and closing his door.

Ty made his way towards the kitchen, feeling slightly better, but still shaken up by the nightmare, far more than he expressed to Connor. 

He opened the fridge, grabbing some milk and cereal, pouring it into a bowl. Don't worry, he poured the cereal first.

As he walked back towards his room as discreetly as possible, munching on the cocoa pebbles when he heard a voice ring out from the room behind him.

"Ty?"

Schlatt's all too familiar booming voice called out for the boy, shocking him, causing him to nearly spill his cereal.

"Yeah, boss?" Ty called out, still firmly rooted in the hallway.

"Ty, what are you doing awake at this ungodly hour? Get in here," Schlatt said, slowly opening the door to his office. 

Well, it wasn't really an office, more like an extra living room which happened to have a desk and his computer. 

Ty stepped into his boss' "office", and sat down on the small couch which was riddled with various items. Schlatt quickly turned off his PC and sat down next to the boy, who simply looked at him while chewing his food.

Schlatt took a deep breath and sighed. 

"Ty, don't think I haven't noticed your unusual behaviour. You've been much more anxious and paranoid, and I can hear you moving around in your room at night. Tell me, what's wrong?"

Schlatt's tone was one of kindness and compassion, one Ty hadn't heard before. He swallowed his chewed-up cereal, the nightmare slowly starting to flood back into his mind, but he didn't want to seem like he was a weak little boy.

"It- It's nothing boss. I'm just tired," he said, preparing to stand up.

Schlatt pulled him back towards the couch, his eyes filled with concern. 

"Ty, call me Schlatt. And it's not nothing. I care about you, please tell me what's up."

Ty sighed and began to explain the nightmares. All the way from the dark hallways, to his shaking hands, to the fact that someone was in the house. Every single detail he could remember came out of his mouth. And the entire time, Schlatt listened. He listened to every word the kid had to say, and although he was embarrassed to admit it, he cared for the kid much more than a boss would for his intern. It was nearly as if Ty was his little brother.

Strangely enough, Ty felt safe telling Schlatt his every problem. Something about the cluttered room, with the hoodies tossed on the floor, and a half-eaten hot pocket on his boss' desk, made him feel comfortable and safe.

And so the pair talked for what felt like hours, though it was probably just 30 minutes. But eventually, through all the chatting and general vibing, Ty fell asleep on the couch, his legs pulled up against his chest. Schlatt found a throw blanket and tucked Ty under it, and continued to sit at his desk and work, ensuring that he kept an eye on the 17-year-old.

And as the sun rose above the horizon, and Schlatt, no matter how tired he was, sat at his desk staring at the little guy, they both felt at peace.

yay!! a new one-shot! i love dadschlatt :)

i really wanna write some more schlatt & co stuff, but probably more angst shhh

also the next chapter of the end is taking a while, I'm not really happy with it so i might scrap it and start over, but it will be coming out soon, and I'm sure you guys will like it :)

i might still take requests, so send em over !! :)

-cooper