a cυp oғ coғғee pt.2

a cup of coffee pt 2

cooper x charlie (romantic, fluff)

other ship?? ;)

charlie calls his friend over to a cafe after he falls head over heels for an employee

"How is it that this place is just full of cute guys?" Charlie said to his friend.

"I don't know Charlie. But right now it is my duty to set you up with that boy." replied his friend.

Charlie was only planning to come to this cafe and study, but as soon as he saw that cute boy, with the shaggy blonde hair and soft smile, he knew he needed relationship advice.

Schlatt, having fallen for one of the cute cafe boys himself, was the first person on Charlie's mind.

"Don't you have your own priorities Schlatt?" Charlie asked, smirking and wiggling his eyebrows, earning him an eyeroll from his friend.

"He's not here right now, but your man crush is. So right now, you're the one who has to suck it up and go talk to him."

"Well, if I do, you gotta chat up that british boy later. It's only fair." Charlie said to Schlatt, whose face immediately turned away blushing.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Now go ahead and ask him out, I definitely won't record it and use it as blackmail."

Charlie smiled at his friend, giving him the "i'm watching you" fingers pointing as his eyes, then stood up and walked towards the counter.

He didn't think it would be this hard. He'd asked out plenty of girls before, but this was different. He didn't even know the guy, why was he doing this?

Was this a mistake?

Was Charlie a mistake?

He squeezed his fingers to his palm, noticing how abnormally sweaty they were. He ignored the ringing in his ears as he gathered up the confidence to talk to the boy at the counter.

Approaching the counter, he realised that the boy seemed downcast, sad, maybe even depressed.

His face was droopier than before, his eyes still glinting, but there was some sort of sadness in them that Charlie recognised all too well.

All of a sudden Charlie's stomach started churning. Why was he sad? He didn't want him to be sad, he wanted him to be happy. He deserved to be happy.

Charlie was going to make him happy.

"Hey there!"

"Uh.. hi?" Said the boy behind the counter, looking up from the spot he was staring at on the ground, his eyes glimmering with hope.

"Could I get another coffee? Cus' I like you a latte!"

The blonde haired boy snickered a little, then realised what Charlie meant, his face lighting up.

"I don't actually want another coffee, but what I do want is to go out with you-"

"I like you too," interrupted the boy behind the counter.

And so they smiled at each other like those cheesy moments in romantic movies, but it really felt like love. Their hearts were pounding hard, as both their faces warmed up and started blushing. After what felt like a few seconds, they were shaken out of their fantasy, and the employee decided to speak up.

"Well, my shift ends in like 10 minutes, do you wanna hang out?"

"Sure coffee boy!"

"It's Cooper,"

"I'm Charlie! Wait you know that," Charlie said, embarrassed.

Cooper chuckled, and as a customer walked in, he smiled and said, "see you later Charlie!"

Charlie pretty much ran back to the table where Schlatt had recorded the entire thing on his phone.

And though it was only 10 minutes, to both boys, it seemed like an eternity before they could finally enjoy each other's company.

Schlatt watched wistfully as his friend stood near the counter, awaiting his date as he took of his apron and high fived another tall boy behind the counter.

He watched as Charlie and Cooper left with smiles on their face.

He watched as the tall boy who'd just arrived stood behind the counter.

He watched as he put on his apron, and poured a mug of coffee for himself.

Just as he'd done for weeks.

As soon as he'd opened his mouth, no, even before that, Schlatt had a crush on this mysterious british boy.

Schlatt knew only 3 things about him. First of all, he'd only started working here a few weeks ago.  Second, he attended the same college as Schlatt. And finally, he was cute. Really cute.

The irony in Schlatt's actions was killing him. He'd been coming to this cafe for weeks, longing for the day he'd work up the confidence to ask out that boy, yet he made his friend ask out a boy he'd met within a span of 3 hours.

And he couldn't take it any longer.

The waiting, the longing, the pain was going to be over.

He was going to ask him out, and that was that.

HAHA A CLIFFHANGER AGAIN

i'm (not) sorry.

But really i didn't want to overload this chapter, plus I can't write anymore today so i'll give you guys this much.

1 more chapter, maybe 2??

-cooper