apocalypѕe (cooper)

apocalypse

t/w death, suicide

cooper (angst, angst, all the angst)

prequel to tape recorder.

Cooper was grieving, They all were. It was too much to bear.

The apocalypse had started. It was a pandemic, spreading across the entire planet, killing people off by the thousands. 

But they never thought it would get to them.

The first to go within their friend group was Charlie. Then Schlatt went M.I.A.

And now Travis. 

Travis, his best friend for years, the boy he would play fortnite with at night, the boy who'd make the strangest noises, the boy who'd spout the strangest words.

The boy who was now dying in the hospital.

It was horrible, seeing his happy, rosy face, slowly fade into a dull, sad one. 

Cooper sat by Travis' bed, his face stained with tears, as he watched over his friend, barely awake and weak. 

"Coopie," Travis mustered up all his energy and let out that one word with his raspy voice.

"Yeah Travis?" Cooper smiled sadly at his friend, lying in bed. 

"Promise me you'll be okay,"

"I promise Trav."

All Cooper heard was a flatline as his senses seemed to dull. He was shaking, as his eyes let out a waterfall of stinging tears. His surroundings faded away as he was left there, kicking, screaming as his other roommates pulled him away from the body of his now dead friend.

"Cooper,"

His vision got clearer again as Carson wiped the tears from his face, and Cooper gazed into those similarly red and swollen ones that belonged to his friend.

"He's gone, Carson," Cooper muttered out, choking on his words, as his tears subsided.

"I know Cooper," Carson replied, pulling Cooper in for a hug, and they both let their tears flow.

But as soon as Travis left, Noah got sick too, and soon enough he was gone as well.

Cooper was barely holding on. He took too many antidepressants for him to count, and he tried drowning his sadness in edibles and alcohol. 

He was grasping at something, anything which was still worth living for. 

He tried to skate again, but eventually, he gave up.

He played video games with Carson but gave up on that too.

He started cutting, but even that didn't soothe the pain.

"Cooper you're not alright. Please talk to me, you need help." Carson said to Cooper, but he was too high out his mind to even comprehend anything.

Carson tried, again and again, to talk to Cooper, but to no avail.

And then, the best thing Cooper could've imagined happened. 

He was dying too.

Cooper couldn't bear to kill himself. He promised Travis he'd be okay. But if it wasn't his fault, he could finally be put out of his misery.

He spent 2 weeks in the hospital, unaware of Carson's tormenting pain and dedication as his friend visited him all the time.

Then the news came. 

Cooper could live.

Cooper was at his worst point, the pain in his body constantly pushing him to the edge, and when he tried to talk his lungs felt like they were deflated. But his mind was still the worst thing. The depression had caught up to him long ago, but that last string he was holding on to had finally snapped. 

He didn't want to live. He didn't want to survive this knowing his best friend couldn't. 

He didn't want to live in a world without Travis.

Carson was sitting at the end of his bed, eyes stained by tears, and he watched.

He watched as Cooper grabbed a scalpel the nurses used.

He watched as Cooper rolled over to the edge of his bed. 

He watched as Cooper grabbed the wire and sliced through it.

He watched as Cooper's body fell limp.

He started shouting. Screaming. Just like Cooper did when Travis died.

He couldn't comprehend anything, except those last few words Cooper muttered.

"Sorry I didn't keep my promise Travis."

Angst am I right

This was written in a spur of emotions I apologize.

Anyways I was actually thinking of writing a book about an apocalypse AU, but it wouldn't be the same universe as these oneshots, it would be a Zombie apocalypse AU.

anyways I hope you guys like this :)

-cooper