raιn (w x s)

rain

wilbur x schlatt (romantic, fluff)

wilbur shows his roommate schlatt the beauty in rain

The storm was raging outside, thunder crackling, lightning flashing, rain pouring down on to the old, faded brick buildings lining the dimly lit streets.

Wilbur sat holed up in his bedroom, the lights turned down low, creating a calming, peaceful mood. Wilbur was studying commercial music in college, and hoped to get a job in the music industry, having already composed and released a few original songs. 

On this rainy day, Wilbur was sitting in bed, warmed up by a sweater and his blankets, strumming aimlessly on his guitar as he hummed all the melodies that popped into his head, trying to write a new song for his fans.

On days like these, where the weather reminded him of the dismal London sky, he would feel nostalgic and homesick. Moving all the way to America was hard for him. He had to leave behind all his friends and family. Even though he would often chat with them on discord or skype, it wasn't the same.

No matter how much he missed England, he was still extremely grateful for all the new friends he made here. He'd joined a friend group consisting of a diverse assortment of people, ranging from the childish, bubbly Travis, to his serious, entrepreneurial roommate Schlatt.

Speaking of Schlatt, a sudden shout travelled into Wilbur's bedroom just as the sky thundered once more.

This peaked Wilbur's interest. It was probably the first time there was such a serious storm in his time in America, and his roommate Schlatt was scared? Mr Jebediah Schlatt of Schlatt & Co was scared of thunder?

Concerned yet intrigued, Wilbur left his room and walked down the dark hallway, making his way over to Schlatt's door.

He knocked on the door softly, "Hey Schlatt? My pretty princess?"

"Don't call me that." Schlatt's muffled voice travelled into Wilbur's ears. His voice was quavering slightly, like a scared little child.

"Can I come in?" Wilbur asked.

"Yeah."

Wilbur entered the room, stepping in carefully. The lights on the walls were still fully brightened, as if Schlatt had rushed and forgotten to turn them down. His computer was turned on, opened to a document which seemed to be an analysis Schlatt was writing for his media class. On the small bed, under the cream coloured covers, was Schlatt. Tall and intimidating as he may be, Schlatt looked like a small and helpless kitten, snuggled under a thick layer of blankets.

He looked adorable.

Little did Wilbur know, Schlatt was terrified of storms.

He'd just had a panic attack, and was so shaken by the thunder that he'd let out a small shriek. Yeah, it may be dumb. Schlatt, the businessman himself, the founder of the legendary cryptocurrency Schlattcoin, cowering under his covers, terrified of thunder and lightning.

He didn't understand why, but ever since he was a child, the sound of thunder would make his heart tremble. It'd make him feel so helpless, so terrified that a giant bolt of literal electricity would strike him down then and there. 

At that moment in time, his heart was pounding, and his hands were sweating. Not because he was underneath his thick blanket wearing a thick sweater and jeans. Maybe that was partially it, but it was the first time in months there was a thunderstorm, and Schlatt wasn't prepared.

Wilbur sat down next to him, his face ever so blush and sweet. He didn't seem scared, shaken, or affected by the storm in any way possible. In fact, he may have even been more happy than usual.

Wilbur placed his hand on the blanket covering Schlatt's face, pulling it off ever so slowly, revealing Schlatt's slight bedhead.

"So, what's wrong?" He asks in that gentle tone which Schlatt loved to hear.

"I... don't really like storms." He muttered. As if it was timed, the sky decided to make that loud thunderous noise that shocked Schlatt once more, causing him to jump slightly, inching away from Wilbur's arms.

"Hey, don't worry. Everything will be fine. Do you want to tell me why you're scared?"

Schlatt had never really thought about why he was scared. Usually he just cowered in fear. But thinking about it comforted him a little.

"Well... it's just always so loud, and dark. It doesn't really benefit us in any way, it just scares us. And I- It just makes me feel trapped. In this dark circle of rain, and thunder, a- and lightning. Not to mention people have died from lightning. It's just pretty scary." Schlatt stammered. His brain was searching for the reasons, but he couldn't find many.

Wilbur shifted closer to Schlatt, placing his hand on his roommate's. 

"Well, think about it this way," He said, pulling Schlatt to stand up.

"You know how life is a cycle right? Animals feed on the ground, we feed on them, the waste becomes fertiliser and so on." Wilbur dragged Schlatt over to the window, which Schlatt was unsure about approaching.

"You see that?" Wilbur said, just as a bolt of lightning struck a park in the distance, causing Schlatt to flinch.

"I know it seems scary, but that's providing us, and animals, with life. To put it briefly, it forms fertiliser, which helps plants grow." 

They sat back down on the bed, Schlatt being less tense.

"Could you imagine the world without plants? Without all those bright green trees, and yellow sunflowers? Even the rain itself can be quite peaceful. Just sitting there, listening to that white noise in the background can really calm your mind."

Wilbur smiled at Schlatt, whose face was starting to redden. His previously red eyes had become more bright and happy.

As they stared into each other's eyes blissfully, Schlatt started to realise the beauty in the rain, and maybe someone else too.

Not so happy with this but yay!! Please recomend me ideas or other ships haha i'm stuck in a loop of cooper x travis and wilbur x schlatt 

- cooper