a cυp oғ coғғee pt.3

a cup of coffee part 3

t/w panic attack, cursing

wilbur x schlatt (romantic, angst, fluff)

schlatt tries to ask out the boy behind the counter

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Why did he do this. Why was he such an idiot. He knew he couldn't do it yet he forced himself to.

And he ended up here. Crying in a bathroom stall. In the back of the cafe.

For those of you curious, Schlatt had tried to ask out the boy, but as soon as he was about to start talking, he broke down, and ran into the bathroom.

Why did love always end up like this? Why was Schlatt never able to find love without falling apart into a million pieces?

His heart couldn't take it. It was throbbing, his heartstrings pulling at each other, almost tearing at the seams. His breathing was heavy, with that moist sort of feeling that came from crying your eyes out. 

He blinked, trying to stop the endless waterfall that was flowing out of his eyes, though to no avail. Although it had probably only been a minute or so, his face was drenched in the salty liquid of his tears, his cheeks red, not only from the embarrassment and pain, but also from blushing.

Blushing at that cute boy.

They had barely made eye contact before that little devil in Schlatt's head flipped the switch and caused him to panic, and even though he was overwhelmed by sadness and pain, in this very moment, Schlatt was still happy.

He was happy that he'd built up the courage to approach him.

Yeah, he didn't actually talk to him, but it was the best he'd done in weeks.

Schlatt chuckled silently, perched on the closed toilet in the shabby stall. 

God he was a sad sight.

Imagine being so depressed, so absolutely fucked up, that even while you had a panic attack, you felt the best you had in a while. 

Well, that was the truth for Schlatt.

He stayed there, contemplating his existence for a second, suspended in that feeling of absolute lypophrenia, yet barely clutching that sweet sensation of joy.

Then he heard footsteps, slowly approaching.

"Hello? Are you alright?"

The soothing voice tainted with a slight British accent.

Fuck.

Wilbur was gay. 

He'd come to accept that after those years of struggling and having been appreciated and loved by his friends in London, he still had to leave them eventually.

Thankfully, he landed a steady job with flexible hours to work in at night, while attending university in the morning. There, he'd met great coworkers, like the lovable Travis, who he'd usually share his shift with, the cool Cooper, and the extroverted Ted. 

He'd always have someone there with him, who loved and supported him through the tough times.

And boy was this one of the toughest.

No more than a week after working here, he'd laid his eyes on a particularly attractive customer, who's name was "Schlatt". He'd found out the hard way, after spelling his name wrong countless times on his coffee.

Schlatt gave him butterflies in his stomach every time he came in. 

He was adorable, yet handsome at the same time. He gave off an unreadable aura. He could be anyone, have any personality, but he was still him. He was just vibing.

Wilbur was chatting to Travis as he wiped down a cup, as he saw Schlatt walking up towards the counter, but as soon as he turned his head to face him, Schlatt was gone.

Walking away towards the bathroom.

"Hey, Wilbur? I think he was crying," Travis murmured in his soft voice.

"What? Really?"

Travis nodded, looking up at the taller boy.

"Isn't he the guy you have a crush on?" Travis gasped. "You should go help him! I'll take all the orders, don't worry."

Wilbur smiled at Travis, and handed him the mug, quickly walking over to the bathrooms after removing his apron, although he did struggle with it, and it took him a minute.

"Hello? Are you alright?" He asked, stepping into the bathroom.

He saw a pair of timbs peeking out from underneath one of the stalls, and walked over.

He knocked softly on the door and saw the shadow inside flinch.

"Hey, Schlatt right? What's wrong?"

"N- Nothing." Schlatt's voice was shaking, and the words felt wet, with tears.

"Hey, it's alright. You can tell me anything."

"I, I just had a panic attack. It's nothing really."

"A panic attack isn't nothing to laugh at. They can get really horrible! I should know, I have them too."

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"It's alright, right now you're the priority. I need to make sure you're doing okay."

"You can leave, you're working anyway," Schlatt replied in a melancholic tone. 

"I'm not leaving until I know that you're doing better."

There was silence for a few seconds, but Schlatt gave in.

"Fine. But I think I should know the name of the man comforting me." He muttered.

"Wilbur. Wilbur Soot."

They sat there for a few minutes, Wilbur making sure Schlatt felt better, but even after Schlatt felt perfectly fine, they stayed there, chatting through the bathroom stall.

They found out they had many things in common, like their shared love for caffeine and video games, and that they were both attending the same university. But other than that, they just had a connection.

Eventually, Schlatt had to leave, and Wilbur had to get back to work.

Schlatt opened the stall door, and there they were, staring at each other.

They were both blushing madly, and as their eyes looked into each other's souls, they knew that they were meant to be.

Wilbur leaned forward, planting a kiss on Schlatt's cheek.

Schlatt, shocked but happy, left that cafe feeling absolutely gleeful, knowing he would come back the next day.

I hope you guys liked how I ended this 3 parter, man it was long.

this fluff won't continue for long though, the next one hits hard.

-cooper