a cυp oғ coғғee (c x c)

a cup of coffee

cooper x charlie (romantic, fluff) 

the cute boy working at a cafe starts to notice a sweet nerd hanging out there

Cooper was never one for lovey-dovey stuff.

He'd never been in a relationship, and never even had a proper crush in his 21 years of being alive.

This had led to him making many mistakes. Having a few one-night-stands, making out with people while drunk and high, yet he'd never found someone he felt right with. Someone who would make his heart pound like in the movies, who he'd stay up all night thinking about.

This yearning for love only got worse during February, the valentine's season, when all the cute couples and blushing teenagers would be going on dates, and acting adorable in public together, without being scolded by all the conservative boomers since it was time for love to "blossom" or whatever.

Cooper worked in a small cafe that often took advantage of such holidays, with seasonal drinks themed after christmas and valentine's day, even going so far as to decorate the store, which simply made him even more melancholic.

It was a tuesday morning. The one right before valentine's day. Taking the morning shift meant Cooper would get less customers, but since it was a busy season, he still had to deal with the constant flow of customers in and out of the store.

He wasn't feeling particularly up in spirits, so he his coworker, Ted, had offered to take the harder parts of the shift, making most of the drinks and food, while Cooper manned the cashier, occasionally leaving his post to clean the tables and floors. 

Most customers got their drinks for takeaway, leaving the cafe empty, until a certain young man stepped in.

His short, light brown hair was swept to one side neatly. He was wearing a black jacket over a bright green shirt, which seemed to have some sort of face on it. On his shoulder was a tattered looking laptop bag.

Although he may have seemed like and average, nerdy looking guy, this man made Cooper's heart warm up.

"Uh, hi what can I get you?" Cooper stammered, awkwardly brushing his hair with his hand, smiling with what Ted thought was the goofiest smile ever.

"I'll have a large cappuccino,  having here please," The man smiled back.

"Can i get a name?" Cooper asked.

"The store's empty though?"

"It's company policy," Cooper muttered, his face blushing madly. Ted, watching the whole thing in the background could tell how Cooper felt, and was struggling to keep his laughter in.

"I'm Charlie,"

"Okay, one cappuccino for Charlie coming right up" Said the embarrassed Cooper.

He passed the order paper over to Ted, who snickered at Cooper, earning him an elbow in the chest.

Cooper watched as Charlie made his way over to the booth in the corner, taking a laptop out of his bag, and starting to type something. 

"Order for Charlie!" Ted yelled with his naturally loud voice, in a seemingly comical manner considering there was literally only one customer in the entire store.

Charlie walked up to the counter and grabbed the cup, smiling kindly at both the employees as he sat back down at his booth, continuing to work as unbeknownst to him, Cooper admired him from afar.

This went on for a while, Charlie taking the occasional sip of coffee, Cooper taking the occasional order from other customers, but it was mostly Cooper staring at the adorable boy in the booth.

Ted's shift was nearly over, and Travis, who was also Cooper's roommate and best friend, had already arrived to start his shift. Before Ted could leave, he gave some advice to Cooper since he was in a long, successful relationship.

"Listen here kiddo," he said, pulling Cooper aside.

"I'm the same age as you Te-"

"You're young. You have your whole life ahead of you. Now go suck it up and talk to that crush of yours, okay honey?"

"How did I become your so-"

"Okay honey?" Ted repeated, staring down and Cooper intently.

"Okay, Ted," Cooper said in a monotone expression.

After Ted left, Cooper chatted to Travis for a little before taking another customer's order of a medium latte, before he decided to make a move.

He and Travis were strategizing, which may not have been a good idea since Travis pretty much had the brain of a four-year-old, but they decided that Cooper would casually wipe Charlie's table, leaving behind a napkin with his number on it.

Just as Cooper was getting ready, and Travis handed the latte to the previous customer, their plans were foiled as the much more attractive customer sat next to Charlie, who seemed quite obviously more interested in the customer than in Cooper.

Fuck.

Coffee shop aus are so overdone but i had to i'm sorry

thank you so much @pastelcanddi for reccommending a cooper x charlie, it was very fun to write

also yes this will have a couple follow ups with an extension of not just cooper x charlie O_O

-cooper