cafés.

Sketch your favorite memory.

"Where did you think you were going?" Haruka scolded Azumi as soon as she joined her and Kenma, with a laughing Kuroo behind her.

"Home?" Azumi said sarcastically, and Kenma found the side of his lip twitching upward.

"No can do, sweetheart. You're going on a date." Kuroo said, patting the top of her head with his hand.

"Yeah... no." Azumi said quietly, taking Kuroo's hand off her head and beginning to walk away.

"We're going to Gardenia! I know you love the coffee jelly there." Haruka said as she began to walk beside her friend.

Azumi stopped in her tracks, causing Kenma to bump into her from behind. "Oh, sorry," they both said softly to each other, and Azumi blushed as she got out of his way.

"You really love coffee jelly, don't you?" Kuroo asked, and Azumi laughed nervously.

"It's how I get her to do anything." Haruka spoke from her new spot walking beside Kuroo.

"Kids these days. I can barely convince Kenma to do anything besides play his games." Kuroo spoke dramatically with his hand on his chest, and Kenma simply clicked his tongue.

The rest of the walk to Gardenia went similarly, with Kuroo and Haruka doing all the conversing, occasionally taunting Kenma or Azumi in an attempt to make them talk.

• • •

When they got to the booth they were assigned, Haruka quickly moved to sit beside Kuroo, going so far as to stick her tongue out at Azumi. The girl playfully rolled her eyes in response, shuffling into the booth across from them and taking the window side. Kenma quietly sat down next to her, and the atmosphere soon grew awkward.

Azumi stared out the window, watching the people who passed by on the street. Kenma looked down at his phone, which he kept hidden under the table as to not appear completely rude. Kuroo sat with his elbows on the table, his arms folded in front of him as he looked at Azumi and Kenma in disappointment. Haruka sat with her arms crossed over her chest, scowling at Azumi from across the table.

Occasionally Kenma would look up and catch the two deadly stares from the people in front of him, but he simply shrugged and went back to playing the mobile game he was currently obsessed with. Azumi's gaze never wavered from the window. She was used to silence and awkwardness, so she wasn't bothered.

I sure hope it was Kenma that wrote his number in my sketchbook, because it is painfully obvious that Haruka is hardcore crushing on Kuroo.

Her observations finally made her look away from the window, and when she turned her head she was met with two deadly expressions. She yelped quietly in surprise, causing Kenma to look up once again and snap his head to the side to look at her.

"Success! Finally! It only took thirty years." Haruka said, and Kuroo laughed loudly.

"What?" Azumi questioned, and Haruka groaned at her friend's complete lack of awareness of her surroundings. She only looks at something if she wants to sketch it later, she thought.

"Nothing. So, Tokiumi, what do you do when you're not nose-deep in that sketchbook of yours?" Kuroo asked, and Kenma realized it would be rude to be on his phone at that point so he shoved it into his pocket and glanced at the girl to his right.